Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom not providing transfer options to other wholesale providers?????

Options
  • 03-06-2004 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi All!

Here is a problem I have discovered the hard way.

I have a UTv Clicksilver account, and has resently moved out of my old apartment were I first had ordered my ADSL.

Now I am told that I can not do a transfer of my ADSL. I must first pay a cancelation fee for my old address, and then pay a new connection fee for my new address.
    This will end up at a total of close to €200 for moving a ADSL line. This is just outrageous. UTv claims that this is the only option that Eircom gives them. :mad:

Draft from email from UTv:

"Eircom do not offer to wholesale providers a transfer rate, they only offer this to existing Eircom customers. As I explained, the charges that you are being charged is the same as what we will be charged, we are only passing these charges on, it is Eircom who set the wholesale charges and we have to adhere to them. "

On the other hand. When I go in the the http://www.eircomwholesale.ie home page and take a look at the wholesale rates for ADSL Bitstream. There they have a transfer fee of €60. Is this only available for Eircom customers or what?
    I get a feeling that something is not right here. Someone somewere is trying to do someone over without any kisses... and I am at the reciving end.

Is there some were I can turn with this kind of conserns.

Regards
    Asgar the Viking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

It must be transferred back to Eircom Wholesale and then Transferred to the new port with UTV .

If the cost of transferring the connection to your new address is far cheaper with Eircom then I would raise the subject with Comreg , info@comreg.ie

The 'new' connection should be free at the moment if there was no DSL on that line before. See the bitstream prices, version 1.5 pdf at the Eircom Wholesale site.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

My reading of the recent offer is that you must pay a cancel charge at your curent address which is €60 or €75 ex vat. UTV have to pay that to Eircom so its fair. Allow a few squids admin, it should be no more than €100 including VAT .

The connection at your new address should be free for 3 or 4 months and should come with a free connection. That is because you are changing address during the special offer period which is June-August ISTR.

You must sign a new 12 month contract at the new address as well. IIRC

HTH

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Asgar

Thnks!

I'll see what UTV has to say about the free conection.

//
    AtV

Advertisement