Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

top 10 most stolen In the USA

Options
  • 03-06-2004 5:18pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

I am interested to see what are the most stolen tpes of cars in Ireland anyone know?

The CCC reports the ten most-stolen vehicles for 2003 in the United States are as follows:

1995 Saturn SL
    1998 Acura Integra
    1994 Saturn SL
    1999 Acura Integra
    1995 Acura Integra
    1997 Acura Integra
    1996 Acura Integra
    1994 Acura Integra
    2002 Mitsubishi Montero
    2000 Honda Civic
    The study is based on total loss claims received from more than 350 property and casualty insurers in North America and compares the number of vehicles stolen and not recovered against vehicle registration volume information provided by R.L. Polk & Co., to determine the rate of theft.

Here is the NICB top ten list—the number in parentheses is the model year most stolen:

Toyota Camry (1989)
    Honda Accord (1994)
    Honda Civic (2000)
    Chevrolet Full-Size Pickup (1992)
    Ford F-Series Pickup (1997)
    Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee (1993)
    Oldsmobile Cutlass (1986)
    Dodge Caravan (1994)
    Ford Taurus (1996)
    Toyota Corolla (2001)
    This study is based on some 1.2 million motor vehicles reported stolen to the NICB in 2002 by law enforcement agencies nationwide.

Taste Varies
    Thieves' choices differ from region to region, according to the CCC and NICB. The 1994 C1500 4X2 pickup was the most-stolen vehicle stolen in Texas, while 13 of the 25 most-stolen vehicles in California were imports. The NICB also reported that the most stolen color was white, followed by red, blue, black and green.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I dont know whether to feel afraid or what as my car is # 3 on the top ten most stolen...me starts locking doors at night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is Acura Integra == Honda Integra?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Nope Acura and Honda are two different manufacturers...It is An Acura Integra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Is Acura Integra == Honda Integra?

Almost - the Acura models are higher quality - will have leather interior, and better extras as standard. Same engine, body etc...

Bit like a Lexus is really a Toyota...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Originally posted by kdevitt
    Almost - the Acura models are higher quality - will have leather interior, and better extras as standard. Same engine, body etc...

Bit like a Lexus is really a Toyota...:D

Beg to differ with you there.

The Japanese version of the Integra - came with increased BHP, and extras that weren't available to the American market

i.e.
    Electric fold in mirrors
    Recaro designed front seats
    LSD as an option
    Auto-Temp control Aircon
    Foglights
    Better exhaust system
    foldout LCD TV as an option since 93 !
    Leather steering wheel/knob
    Cat overheat temperature light

Only thing the Americans got, that the Japanese market couldn't was
    Leather Seats in the most awful shades :p

Also explains why the yanks offer me silly money for parts on my car.

If anyone on the forum owns a teg, and whats info on securing it good and proper. Send me a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

yeah - meant higher spec as opposed to US models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Nope Acura and Honda are two different manufacturers...It is An Acura Integra

that's news to me

Acura it's division of the HONDA US which means it belongs to

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. which manufacturers two brands of the car:

Acura, Honda (including motorcycles and power products)

one manufacturer with two brands

Advertisement