Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veron = gone...

• 03-06-2004 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

Skysports
    "Chelsea Football Club today announced they had agreed a loan deal with FC Internazionale for midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron," read a club statement.

"The deal sees Veron joining the Milan club for one year from July 1."

Veron is the first man to leave Chelsea..

When he moved Man U - Ferguson played him out of position which was too many times for him to get settled in at Man U - he probably had one good game for Utd in that season in the CL - when he commanded the midfield.

When he moved to Chelsea - he was injured all the time. agained he couldnt get settled.

IMO i still rate him highly.

What do you think of Veron - was he the biggest flops in premier history or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Played well at times for Man Utd, just think the ball winning superb passing midfielder i seen playing for lazio must have been a different player, he never once played like that in PL .

Would say it was more a case of lazy git than settling in. He never looked hungry and played himsleft as a playmaker when he was meant to be a savage.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I just heard this on newstalk. Its a good move for both clubs IMO. He was one of the best players in the world at Lazio and played some good football for Chelsea in the CL so obviously just couldn't adjust to the premiership's style of play. Mourinho started early anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I just heard this on newstalk. Its a good move for both clubs IMO. He was one of the best players in the world at Lazio and played some good football for Chelsea in the CL so obviously just couldn't adjust to the premiership's style of play. Mourinho started early anyway.

How is it a good move for Chelsea? They spent millions on a flop and now he's just going to deprecate in value while on loan to Inter. They ought to sell him now, even if it means a loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    How is it a good move for Chelsea? They spent millions on a flop and now he's just going to deprecate in value while on loan to Inter. They ought to sell him now, even if it means a loss.

LOL The owner has BILLIONS you think he gives a sh*t about a few million!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

well, if he *has* a excellent season in italy this year.. they might get 20 million for him.

• Advertisement

Good move for them as the new manager is mad and now has one les bitch to worry about, but hes a good player so its keeping his options open to only loan him out.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by irish1
    LOL The owner has BILLIONS you think he gives a sh*t about a few million!!!!

Id say he does he didnt make those billions by wasting money tbh

Originally posted by bizmark

Killing the opposition seemingly ...ohh Arsene gonna get it !!!!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

They wouldn't have got a lot if they sold Veron and I can assure you that he won't depreciate in value by going to Inter. As I said, he played excellent football in the CL against Lazio and he also with Argentina. He just can't adjust to the premiership like so many south American's. Anyway, I'm sure they would have preferred to sell him so either there is little interest in him or Inter have agreed a fee with Chelsea if they want him at the end of the loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by bizmark

Never mind Veron but what was the sense in buying Smertin. Don't get me wrong I like him and he had a great season for Portsmouth but hes never going to fit in at Chelsea and I doubt he'll ever play for them. If he was young you could understand but hes pushing 30.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i always liked watching veron playing and imo united were silly in selling him this could of been his season at old trafford!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

In my opinion Veron just dosent suit to the Premiership , he was a world beater at Lazio , but now he just looks like a Winston Bogarde in England .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

He was great a Lazio but United never should of payed £30million for him. Not when you have scholes,butt,Keane, in midfeild. Veron just couldnt fit in at United. He did have 1 or 2 good games in the Champions League but thats it. glad United got rid of him for £16million to Chelsea.

I think he will be known as the most expenisive flop in Permiership history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I still rate him highly. He had a few great games for united. His distribution of the ball is amazing. However his downfall was that he never tracked back - which cost united on many occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah but what united should of done was giving him the role in between van nistelrooy and midfield!!! like what they did with scholes!!! imo this is his is most dangerous position

Advertisement