Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English poetry

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    Ye thats really surreal, I mean after tommorrow I will never have to even think of poems! :D:D

Untill Irish paper two next week, when it starts all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

:D:D:D:D:D
    only four poems?!?!? is that the minimum you can do or is that the reccomended amount? Four would suit me a lot better, but I dont want to be just doing the bare minimum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

HA! failed pass irish in the mocks, dont care what I get any more! dont need it!

My point still stands :D lol

K well im off now to do somethine... eh... eh..... oh ye .. play games... oh no wait crap..something else....... ah im sure it will come to me ;)

C ya all later I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by pleb
    :D:D:D:D:D
    only four poems?!?!? is that the minimum you can do or is that the reccomended amount? Four would suit me a lot better, but I dont want to be just doing the bare minimum

Actually, according to the Department guidelines, you're expected to be able to refer to six poems. That's just a guideline though; if you just do one poem and do it really well you'll still get the marks.

And isn't Irish Paper 2 *this* week? *grin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

6 is the recommended, and i would never ever go below 5. If you can do 7, thats better still.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by claire h
    And isn't Irish Paper 2 *this* week? *grin*

Arghhh. 'Tis indeed. Must be the auld exam stress kicking in. Plus I haven't been able to eat anything all day. Damn ESB cut our electricity *all* day. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

7 poems are you mad? I hope you mean just study 7 poems, because 4 is the standard amount for answering one question. That's the ideal amount to be able to explore the question fully without having too much material to wade through to get to the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

kavangh all the way. please i need kavangh.

Discharger Snake: how much are you planning on writing? 2 pages? I'm planning on 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I'm going for Kavanagh. I have a small bit done on Dickinson, though I suppose you could waffle your way through any of her essays with the 3 D's. I've also a small bit done on Plath. Either way, whichever comes up, I'd say i'll manage a pass.

I've a feeling Dickinson wont come up, and Plath will. I'll go 10/1 for Plath.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by conZ

Don't say that. Just don't. That's the worst possible scenario. Feck Plath, Dickinson all the way. (Wishful thinking perhaps...)

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Don't say that. Just don't. That's the worst possible scenario. Feck Plath, Dickinson all the way. (Wishful thinking perhaps...)

Feckin bastards. Fukc them. Bastards. No Dickinson. Bitch. What the fukc are they playin' at. Fecked up my whole english exam. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

quote:
    Originally posted by conZ

quote:
    Originally posted by subway_ie

10/1 Bitch.

I pissed myself laughing when I saw Kavanagh and Plath on the paper, and no sight of Dickinson.

I decided to do the Kavanagh question, and got Inniskeen Road done decent enough.
    I decided to only do two poems - one in Monaghan, and one after the operation. I kept getting mixed up while doing Canal Bank Walk - mixed up with Lines Written. Only got about a page or so done on CBW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

looking at that poll it is amazing, 0 for plath 1 for hopkins, god this is a lesson for all you 5th years learn the poems dont gamble, i did it paid off, but dont do it unless ur generally a lucky person.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Yeah, the moral of the story is don't gamble. Although she's an absolute DEFINITE for next year! :P

Due to her not turning up one of my friends left out poetry completely. You don't want that to happen to you.

Ya should all have listened to me. I learned 3 of the "more-than-likelies" (i'm the ONLY one who voted for hopkins it seems) and as a result i had two poets to choose from, Kavanagh and Hopkins.

Its over and done with now, no need to post about it (too much)

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    (i'm the ONLY one who voted for hopkins it seems)

The poll was more for what people would prefer to come up... you could only vote once, so it's not as if nobody expected him to come up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

How deadly is it that Plath and Kavanagh came up?? Shame about Dickenson, but I think most people where covered! Twasn't that bad at all at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

LOL most votes but didnt even come up! poor emily

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

:ninja: looking back, putting all my eggs in Kavanaghs basket was a bit stupid, but it paid off, and I did one ****ing class question. One class paper in fact. I just hope I'm this lucky with history predictions

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh, I gambled, didn't really study poetry this time round.

I knew hopkins to the ground and my bets were hedged that way, but i had mahon pretty well too.

Never studied the female poets properly, I felt dirty saying they were good, but dickenson wasn't on the course last year.

Advertisement