Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

difficulty with incredimail

Options
  • 03-06-2004 8:37pm

downloaded a piece of freeware called incredimail the other day.

a great email program though i cannot send outgoing mails.

the attached message keeps coming up

Comments

sorry about that just click on the attachment for the message

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Originally posted by tipp_Gunner
    a great email program though i cannot send outgoing mails.

Looks like you cant post attachments either :D

Never used incredimail but isnt its speciality adding backgrounds & emoticons to emails? die hard text only man myself

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

From : http://www.incredimail.com/english/help_center/index.html
    Yes. I do get an error that begins with "5".

This error dialog pops up when you use one Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get online and a different ISP's outgoing email server (SMTP) to send your emails. The ISP that provides you with outgoing email server service will sometimes not allow you to do this and will send you this message.

There are 2 main reasons why this error might pop up for you:

You recently changed your Internet Service Provider and are still trying to use the email settings your old provider gave you.

Solution - Contact your new ISP in order to receive their email server settings (POP3 &SMTP) and configure your email account again.

Note: Make sure you delete/disable your old account and if it was your default account remember to make your new account the default.
    You have several email accounts from different ISP's and you accidentally tried to send a specific email from an account that uses another ISP's outgoing mail server.

Solution: Use the "From" button to select the correct email account. To learn more about the "From" button, click here.

Note: If your email is stuck in the Outbox folder, you will need to open the email (double-click on it) in order to reach the "From" button and click the "Send" button again.

Generally speaking MTAs don't care where mail is going to, but where it is coming from. Relaying tends to be configured as: REJECT everything UNLESS it is comes from x.x.x.x, xx.xx.xx.xx or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

So, I'd guess that, for whatever reason, the rcphosts file doesn't have your damain in it and thus rejects your mail, which qmail will see as unauthorised relaying.

Are you sure you are authorized to use that SMTP server from the internet domain that are currently connected to?

i am using Esat Netsmart dial-up but my outgoing email settings is set to vodafone outgoing mail server is that what you mean? should i use the netsmart one?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by fragile
    Generally speaking MTAs don't care where mail is going to, but where it is coming from. Relaying tends to be configured as: REJECT everything UNLESS it is comes from x.x.x.x, xx.xx.xx.xx or xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

So, I'd guess that, for whatever reason, the rcphosts file doesn't have your damain in it and thus rejects your mail, which qmail will see as unauthorised relaying.

Are you sure you are authorized to use that SMTP server from the internet domain that are currently connected to?

oh do you mean that vodafone is not on his prefered domain list??

Ya, if you're using an ESAT dial-up connection, then use the ESAT SMTP server, its relay.esat.net I think.

i had earlier forgot to mention i was able to email myself

tried and now this came up.

oh wait, you're on dialup so that SMTP server address should probably be:

smtp.oceanfree.net

that has worked the grandest, thanking you very much fragile and thanks to you too Manaris.

regards
    TG

• Advertisement
Advertisement