Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyoto Agreement

Options
  • 04-06-2004 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I was just interested if anyone could tell me where I might find the quotas for pollution giving to each country in the Kyoto agreement, I'm just interested in seeing the different figures seeing as though Ireland has already surpassed its yearly quota..also does anyone know the quota offered to The United States

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Thanks Tommy, I still can't find the figures though just some info about when it was introduced where, by whom etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The protocol doesn't come into affect until countries that produce more than 65% of world output ratify it. That's why there has been so much pressure on the states to ratify it. Russia recently offered to ratify kyoto in exchange for membership of the WTO, with sponsorship from the EU. Afaik russia's ratifying will tip the scales over the magic 65% figure and bring the protocol into force.

Advertisement