Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver or Image-ready

Options
  • 04-06-2004 2:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Ok simple question really
    I am making a site and within the header I want to have a content box which will change its image when a different page is chossen

i.e. when news is chosen the content of the box will change images, when links are chosen the image will change again but the whole other layout will remain the same

My question is what is the best way to go about this using image ready or dreamweaver
    I know how to add actions to slices ie rollovers and make the slices into links
    Is it the case of making that content box into a slice that changes each time and do this "image change" in dreamweaver If you get me

sorry if this is confusing but remember the image will be within the header
    Think of it as a dynamic content(that changes with the page) within a static header

any ideas or links to tutorials been looking everywhere for this stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

you can set up templates easily in dreamweaver,
    see the help section.

The image at the top would be set up as an editable region.
    so each page you can just insert a different image while the overall
    layout will remain the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

so i just leave it alone in photoshop and image ready and insert the images in dreamweaver on each page (makes sense i suppose :) )

cheers ill give it a go later on

Ed Zackary

prepare all the header images first in photoshop or whatever
    to make them the same size.

Make a new site in dreamweaver and a demo page
    save it as a template
    which will auto save it in a folder in the root called Templates.

Then click on the image and go to
    insert->Template objects->editable region.
    (you'll also have editable regions for page headers and paragraph text etc..)

then every new page is
    file->new from template
    and change the editable regions.

yea cool have that done now but having trouble with getting all the slices to look well while having a table width of 100% and having the thing centered

bloody dreamweaver does nothing i want it to do!

wanna upload an example?
    i can talk you through it

• Advertisement

sorry about the delay was having hardware trouble

anyway cheers for giving me a hand ill attach the template i have
    The white srtip in the middle is where i want to content to go but i want it orgainised cause there will be pics and the like going there too.

I think i know how to make text go over it by making the image a background but its not the best way i think....is there a way to have a table within a table as i find thats the easiest way to orgainise the content

If i get that sorted well thats it really, jsut want to organise the content well

edit: sorry about the small pic, if ya want it bigger ill upload the whole image

yup go for nested tables.

you could have a table with 2 cols
    LHS: could be your text
    and RHS: your images.

the layout looks nice
    and doesnt seem to be out of alignment

Advertisement