Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of crappy headphones

Options
  • 04-06-2004 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

I'm really fed up with paying good money for decent sounding headphones that break after only a few months. I bought a pair of Sony in-ear Fontopia headphones (MDR-EX71) in Feb. They sounded great but just this morning the right side have stopped working. It's not the first time either - every time I buy an expensive pair of Sony headphones I get no more than 6 months out of them. And I take pretty good care of them too - it's not like I swing out of them or anything.

So the obvious answer would be to stop buying Sony headphones, but can anybody recommend a pair of sturdy in-ear headphones that sound good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Sennheiser MX400
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/494
    midrange model from a good brand, quite cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I have them fontopia ones too, I've had them for ages and wore them every day and they actually got quite a bit of abuse from cycling etc. They still work perfect and I love them. I think they are great, especially for the price. Go to head-fi.org (i think) for unbiassed advice and people who know their stuff about headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Cheers, I'll check it out. I really like the Fontopia & am just wary of buying them again if they're only going to last a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I have Beyer Dynamic DT 100's 22 years old and never missed a beat. Also have a pair of DT 231's very ro bust. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by Kobie
    Cheers, I'll check it out. I really like the Fontopia & am just wary of buying them again if they're only going to last a few months.

Where did you buy them? If you still have a receipt and theres not signs of physical damage, they should swap them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Fair point - bougt them on Amazon, though I'm in Belgium at the mo - reciepts in Ireland. It'll have to wait a few weeks.

Cheers,
    K.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I got a pair of cheap ones in hmv, there their own brand headphones (not the in-ear type) €9.99. sounds good out og them and there a good long chord on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Id have to agree with the MX400's they are just the best earphones ive ever used. you can get the MX500 which are MX400 with a volume on the cable. they are in HMV in dublin. about €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

another vote for the mx400's here.. great headphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭daveathome_16

i have a really good pair of headphones that i got with a mp3 player out of lidl last year(u might remember when they had it)

there even in-ear ones(which arent usually that good)

but these ones are excellent quality........really

• Advertisement
Advertisement