Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of the Dead remake/sequel/prequel/whatever

Options
  • 04-06-2004 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

http://www.dayofthedeadmovie.net/

It looks seriously low-budget, and the synopsis doesn't make me feel too hopeful.

For example: a mental hospital (which is presumably going to be overrun by zombies), and one of the patients has "necrophobia"? Seriously guys, how much thought did you put into this movie? A half-hour? Less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hmmmm Well the zombies look absolutely ****ing brilliant , downloading the trailer now - Im gonna look forward to it either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ok...just watched the trailer....Im no longer looking forward to it :dunno:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I haven't watched the trailer, but the fact that the site describes it as being set to "delight horror fans with its gore" shortly before claiming that "like all true scifi and horror (this film) deals with serious sociopolitical issueS" I can't help but think this is destined to suck...It smacks of "no, really, this *will* have more than just gore! But the gore will be great too! Really!". Never mind the way that they are effectively jettisoning the original storyline and context by setting this in an alternate universe...

Will reserve full judgement until I see the trailer, but it's not looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Uuugh that looks aweful :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Thought it sounded good (liked the 1968 and the Russians idea) but it looks woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

May I remind ye that the original Day was made on not a fantasticly high budget? George (god) complained that even after the success of the first two that the budget was **** and he had to leave out a load of stuff.
    The reason the sociopolitical ****e is mentioned is because Romero did have an undercurrent of that in the Dead films, and since this is basically a remake of Day the core story and possibly the subplot should stay the same.
    I say give it a chance. I though Dawn would be crap but then I went to see it, and loved it, especially the ending (when the credits aare rolling...people complained to me before and I asked them did they stay for the credits and they said no. I then proceeded to slap them a lot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Just after watchin the trailer...it doesn't look THAT bad...

Advertisement