Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Microsoft Holding Back HL2?

Options
  • 04-06-2004 1:29pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to CVG HL2 is running on the Xbox already and it's up to Microsoft to release it. Is Microsoft delaying the pc version too so it gets better Xbox sales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

How could they delay it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Newell saying “up-and-running” and saying ‘finished’ may be two different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by monument
    Newell saying “up-and-running” and saying ‘finished’ may be two different things.

“up-and-running” = one of the lads wrote it on the wall in the jax , we may port it in about 4 years

"finished" he had a full stop on the wall.

Would doubt Msft would have any control over Hl2 pc release it has a million preorders or somfin like it and they may delay it on Xbox so it doenst affect Doom3 sales, i would imagine they paid a lot of money to get those titles on their machine.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by KdjaC
    “up-and-running” = one of the lads wrote it on the wall in the jax , we may port it in about 4 years

"finished" he had a full stop on the wall.

Would doubt Msft would have any control over Hl2 pc release it has a million preorders or somfin like it and they may delay it on Xbox so it doenst affect Doom3 sales, i would imagine they paid a lot of money to get those titles on their machine.

kdjac

"Hi Valve, this is Microsoft. How would you like $40m upstraight and exclusive deals on the XB and XB Next Platforms, if you move resources onto getting HL2 on the XB?"

I doubt they would as neither MS or Valve is in need for such clandestine deals, but its easily in the realm of possibilty.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Halo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

tempting and all as it would be to go along with the conspiracy theory...

it just doesn't work like that...

Microsoft doesn't own HL2 and having something "up-and-running" on an Xbox doesn't mean it's anywhere near ready to release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

they might not be delaying HL2 but they are definitly delaying Doom3. thats why it's been delayed again. at E3 doom3 was only on the X-box. i think they want a joint release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Kiith
    they might not be delaying HL2 but they are definitly delaying Doom3. thats why it's been delayed again. at E3 doom3 was only on the X-box. i think they want a joint release.

That be crazy and would affect each others sales, to maximise sales oine in the summer and one at Xmas would be perfect.
    but as someone said they would hold back for halo that also has a million preorders or somfin like it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

microsoft has done some wierd **** in the past it wouldnt suprise me build up the excitment its all hype thats my bet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

*sigh* it's at times like this when I miss Shinji the most. He'd be all over you morons like Exxon oil on an Alaskan shore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement