Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on Meteor

• 04-06-2004 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I had my phone stolen , so a mate of mine lent me his brick of a phone and also his meteor sim card (he's using his vodafone number at the mo)

now the voicemail isn't setup on this 085 phone and when I rang meteor the schoolkid that answered stated that i had to register my details in order for them to setup voicemail.

so i'm wondering is there a way of activating voicemail without having to register details (as it aint my phone or number)

i will be getting my phone back and can set that up no probs but i just wanted to get voicemail working on this 085 phone in the mean time .

thanks

Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Get your mate to register it in his name. They will normally throw in some free credit when you register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

should have included this in my original post,

he doesn;t want to register with them , hence i'm stuck ,

he is more fearfull of spam than anyone i have ever met , obviously has watched too many x-files but doesn;t want to be registered with meteor , which i can respect (well actuall i have no choice , it's his phone)

any ideas ??

I remember agents in the phone shop used to type in a code (like *#15 etc) to get voicemail setup quickly without having to go through an IVR.

nice one

Fionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

just get yourself one of the free sim cards that meteor give out, then you can register it to yourself and dump it if u dont want it after you get your other phone back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

I had my phone stolen
    i will be getting my phone back

How are you managing to do that Fionn101 :confused: ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Fionn101

Is he using that phone number to sell drugs/operate a whorehouse or something? ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Stephen
    Is he using that phone number to sell drugs/operate a whorehouse or something? ;)

lol - :D

j-537 - getting it back through insurance , thought you would have guessed that , my mistake

stephen - nope not selling anything or operating anything in conjuction with your sisters, get your contact numbers somewhere else ;)

i was looking for the phone operator codes for automatic setup of voicemail, they are out there , just don;t know em

rafters ,

fionn

Sorry about that Fionn101 but your first post was as clear as mud !

You said "I had my phone stolen" then you said "i will be getting my phone back" ......

By the way you said "i will be getting my phone back" just sounded strange !

Sorry it was just my observation !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

i was looking for the phone operator codes for automatic setup of voicemail, they are out there , just don;t know em
    The codes you are thinking of are GSM codes to activate your Diverts, not your voicemail. Phone stores would use them to activate your diverts to your voicemail.

When you dial 171 what do you hear?

"Please enter the Voicemail box number of the person you are trying to call" - You need a voicemail account set up by Meteor. You DO NOT need to be registered to do this, I can GUARRANTEE you this. Ring again and ask- explain that you hear this message when dialling 171. You will need the original PIN or be able to verify 3 regularly dialled numbers though to access the account.

-"You have no messages" or the like - you have an active voicemail and just need the codes(GSM Divert setup codes) below:

##002#
    **61* +353 8X 5 XXXXXX #
    **62* +353 8X 5 XXXXXX #
    **67* +353 8X 5 XXXXXX #

Key each one in, call it, clear screen, call the next one.
    Make one quick call - hang up once you connect.
    Switch phone off/on.

Where "8x 5 xxxxxx" is your voicemail number
    i.e. your mobile number is: 085 1234567
    Then your voicemail number is: 085 5 1234567

thanks Faltermyer , nice one

Fionn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    The codes you are thinking of are GSM codes to activate your Diverts, not your voicemail. Phone stores would use them to activate your diverts to your voicemail.

When you dial 171 what do you hear?

"Please enter the Voicemail box number of the person you are trying to call" - You need a voicemail account set up by Meteor. You DO NOT need to be registered to do this, I can GUARRANTEE you this. Ring again and ask- explain that you hear this message when dialling 171. You will need the original PIN or be able to verify 3 regularly dialled numbers though to access the account.

-"You have no messages" or the like - you have an active voicemail and just need the codes(GSM Divert setup codes) below:

##002#
    **61* +353 8X 5 XXXXXX #
    **62* +353 8X 5 XXXXXX #
    **67* +353 8X 5 XXXXXX #

Key each one in, call it, clear screen, call the next one.
    Make one quick call - hang up once you connect.
    Switch phone off/on.

Where "8x 5 xxxxxx" is your voicemail number
    i.e. your mobile number is: 085 1234567
    Then your voicemail number is: 085 5 1234567

Why couldn't the Meteor monkey just tell you that info in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Stekelly
    just get yourself one of the free sim cards that meteor give out, then you can register it to yourself and dump it if u dont want it after you get your other phone back.

What I do is register the phone in a totaly fake name and made up address. You get all the benefits without them having your real details.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

should have included this in my original post,

he is more fearfull of spam than anyone i have ever met , obviously has watched too many x-files but doesn;t want to be registered with meteor , which i can respect (well actuall i have no choice , it's his phone)

any ideas ??

I remember agents in the phone shop used to type in a code (like *#15 etc) to get voicemail setup quickly without having to go through an IVR.

nice one

Fionn
    i dont get it thats no reason he dosnt want to set it up spam come on

well if he doesn;t want to register his phone thats his thing and there's not much I can do about it now i suppose ,

Anyway got my new sim today (bout time)

ahh the peace and quiet when no one knows your number is back on air ,

Cheers

Fionn

Advertisement