Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendo silent fans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Have a look at the coolermaster silent fans. Have 7 of them in my case and not a sound from them. You can also get them in various neon flavors if you have a windowed case :D

Picked up mine in It Direct for a song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Get one of these.
    Then one of these.
    Then top it off with one of these.
    That's my rig and I swear by it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ehhh €58 for the old Zalman flower??

Would be lookin more at the >€40 Zalman 7000alcu TBH.

Anyway he's lookin for case fans. The thing is the more fans you have the louder the machine is (duh) but even it there running very slow the combination will be audable. If your existing fans are pretty loud then replacing them with ........ Sharkoon U/Silent 80mm's or PaPst ones should sort more of the noise issues out.

Try www.hitide.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have 2 fans atm and space for total 3 ,only want 2 to replace these ones.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yeah, I'd recommend the Sharkoon Ultra Silent fans. You get a rheostat with them, so you can quieten them down even more. Follow Loki's HiTide link.. :)

Dear customers, the HiTiDE-Team is on vacation from 12.06.04 until 04.07.04.
    Please feel free to use the shop, but during that period processing of orders as well as answering of mail requests will take place after the 4th of july.
    We apologize for any incoveniences.

:confused:

kdjac

ohh missed that!!

Try these............ http://www.pc-look.com/boutik/Prod_Papst_Case_Fan_-_080_mm_-_019_CFM_(PAPST_8412NGLE)__553_en.html . Very very quiet fans, obviously reduced air flow but unless your looking for crazy overclocks you should be fine!!

Heatsink is quiet enough and running 2400XP at 2395 (thats it not going any higher with it) just the case fans and soon enough a psu.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm looking for 2 (as quiet as possible) 120mm case fans, what would you recommend for them?

Jozi

• Advertisement

With 120mm fans id still say Papst, but make sure you get a fan controller with them (even the small €5 zalman inline one).

You could always try to run them (or your existing ones) at 5v............ that makes them very very quiet . I think the best solution is to get quiet fans with a controller - you cant go wrong TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    You could always try to run them (or your existing ones) at 5v............ that makes them very very quiet

My current fans runs of the fan only connector, must try it on a normal connector see what it's like.

Is it posible to run multiple fans of one controler or does each fan need its own?

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Depends on the controller I think. Most only seem to handle 4 fans.

Iv a hardcano 9 and Im running 7 off it with no hassle at all.

Advertisement