Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercooling setup

Options
  • 04-06-2004 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Just ordered my new water cooling setup from a us site:

Purchase Summary
    TDX P4/478 WaterBlock (Dangerden)
    Maze 4 GPU WaterBlock
    The Heater Core
    Heater Core Shroud
    Water Wetter Additive
    Red Hose Clamp-1/2 x12
    Eheim 1250 Pump
    Round Water Resevoir
    Generic 120x120x25mm
    PrimoFlex Clear Tubing - 1/2 inch 6ft

Decided not to bother cooling chipset for the time being, and it came to 280 inc shipping. Have I forgotten anything? Also, what is the smallest case I could get this stuff into? I want to get a Sonata. The heater core is designed for a 120mm fan, so I'm hoping its roughly the same size as the Innovatek rad someone managed to fit into it.
    And I'm thinking about a fan in the bottom of the case to take in air, with a filter to keep out dust. I'm just wondering why I don't see people doing this more often?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

If your looking to fit into the sonata, I would sagest doing a mod on the top and adding a blow hole. You will get best proforance from the rad then. (with the fan being between the case and rad, sucking air in) there are mountings for the 120mm fan on the side of the Hard drive bays. But the problem with putting it there is that you will be using warm air from the case and heated air from the hard drives to cool the rad (not the best idea) having the blow hole will knock off anywhere from 5 to 10c off the over all temp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

I'll be mounting fans on both sides of the heat core, and there are mountings at the back of the case where I envisage this thing going blowing air out the back. A hole in the top of the case would really mess up the aesthetics I would think.

Advertisement