Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do you make a gif?

Options
  • 04-06-2004 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    just wondering how to put a few images together to make a changeable gif image. I have dreamweaver. So can I just make images in paint for example and join them up somehow? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Try thegimp (http://www.gimp.org/)
    I'm not sure if it supports animated gifs, but there is plenty of software that does. Use google :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Not the best tool but I used Flash.

Surely Photoshop and PSP do it also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You mean an animated gif or rollovers? If rollovers, just use any image editor and create two different versions of the image, then Google for "rollovers". If the former, Google for "Gif Movie Gear", which I used in the past in conjunction with Pain Shop Pro. PSP used to have Animation Studio bundled too, but it was crap. Dunno about now.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No its not rollovers, thanks for tip though.
    I just want simple images that change, no animation really, just something like the empire poker gid on the left hand side at www.poker.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by cormie
    No its not rollovers, thanks for tip though.
    I just want simple images that change, no animation really, just something like the empire poker gid on the left hand side at www.poker.ie

that is an animated gif. try using imageready or any other similiar product to create your animation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by dahamsta
    You mean an animated gif or rollovers? If rollovers, just use any image editor and create two different versions of the image, then Google for "rollovers". If the former, Google for "Gif Movie Gear", which I used in the past in conjunction with Pain Shop Pro. PSP used to have Animation Studio bundled too, but it was crap. Dunno about now.

adam

Whats wrong with Animation Studio? I thought it was fine. I suppose imageready and fireworks can also do them.

I can't hit that poker site is it down or something?

Cormie - if you are stuck PM me and I'll give you a hand. Its very simple to do.

Advertisement