Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creed break up

• 04-06-2004 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

American rock band Creed broke up today.

Lead singer Scott Stapp is going solo

Guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and ex-bassist Brian Marshall will join with some other guy to form a band called Alter Bridge (album released August 10th)

A 3 disc Creed greatest hits is also expected in October

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Hooray!!

bye bye bad christian pop rock!

fingers crossed for P.O.D. to be next to go belly up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by NightStrike
    A 3 disc Creed greatest hits is also expected in October

I presume that's incorrect given that they only have three albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

here here. Creed licked balls, especially the singer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

HA! Wheres your messiah now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Thank god-heh heh:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by Lodgepole

Nope its something like one disc is greatest hits from the 3 albums. One is live stuff and one is previously unreleased/b-side stuff.

Didn't think they were that bad myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Lodgepole

Didnt stop the Corrs. However, having a distinct lack of "hits" I'd guess its going to be a blank disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Lets not get too hasty here people, yes theyve broken up, and yes thats a good thing...but Stapp going solo? Mien gott, just imagine how mind bogglingly piss thats going to be. The man must not be allowed record another album!! Ban this sick filth!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

well this is what happens when you steal heavily from bands (Pearl Jam being the obvious victim), and then try to add god (while having the lyrical ability of a headline writer at the sun).

Rumour has it I'm going to stab Stapp... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

While the vocals and lyrics were generally terrible, the music was generally pretty good i thought. Some great guitar work on the weathered album. Human Clay was a bad album, and my own prison had a few decent tracks.

Scott Stapp the Ronan Keating of Rock.:rolleyes:

Good Luck flogen, he has "god" on his side.....*snigger*:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Few things will ever brighten my day up as much as the news that that pack of twats have jacked it in. Hurrah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Lets not get too hasty here people, yes theyve broken up, and yes thats a good thing...but Stapp going solo? Mien gott, just imagine how mind bogglingly piss thats going to be. The man must not be allowed record another album!! Ban this sick filth!

I agree! DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Boo-urns! Boo-urns!

(Man, I HATED them!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thank the good lord, he has put a stop to Scott Stapp brutal Band Creed.
    Stapp is complete pratt and everyone knows it.

Willem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

sniff, i quite liked em.
    my own prison and weathered were great albums, and human clay was decent at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I wouldn't celebrate it too much. Whatever your thoughts are on Creed I'm sure most will agree that Mark Tremonti was a fine guitarist. Without him Stapp will probably suck a bit and you'll still have him out there promoting and selling albums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

jaysus chico'd go mad if he read this!!!!

i thought they were pretty good. catchy n all. i'd love to know how many of their songs yous actually know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

This is great news. Hail Satan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Screw Stapp its the terminator,Flip and Marshall that made Creed and anyway we have the best band in the world to come by the name of ALTER BRIDGE so you can all shove that christ stapp ronan keating ****e up your ass.ROCK ON ALTERBRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Check out vh1 on wednesday guys and listen to the best band in the world first single and judge for yourselves .5pm our time vh1.com and be prepared to be blown away by one day remains out august 10th forget creed ALTER BRIDGE IS THE WAY FORWARD!!!!!!1111

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

hahaha

Advertisement