Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time taken to recieve broadband...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

an update on mine.

ordered on the 7th june and still no sign of a modem, and i'm assuming that as my home phone still works they didn't do the exchange end of things either yet as i don't have any microfilters to put onto my line for my phone.

emailed yesterday (and mentioned that i only live round the corner and could pick the fecking thing up myself if it was too much for them to post one to me!) but no response yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

1) UTV
    2) Ordered Online June 15th
    3) Email confirming set-up yesterday (June 28th)
    4) Modem arrived today (June 29th), and connected now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Mossy

1) UTV
    2) June 2nd: Ordered online
    3) June 23rd: Email confirming set-up
    4) June 24th: Modem arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

1)IOL
    2)29th June
    3)Phone
    4) havent got it yet of course ill post it up when i get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

1)IOL
    2)22nd June
    3)phone
    4) twiddling thumbs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

1) IOL FREE thingy
    2) Ordered phone
    3) Set Up on June 23rd
    4) got modem up and running today, July 1st!

right here we go.

ordered on the 7th June (IOLBB+).
    told it would tak up to 15 working days.

waited 15 working days and nothing emailed to ask what was going on, and got a reply saying they'd never had an application for BB on my phone line.

replied to them telling them there was no possibility that they had no record of my application as i'd spent 25 minutes on the phone to them giving them all my details including DD details for my bank, and a second conversation with someone which they told me they had to record while they asked me to confirm i wanted it and that i didn't want to stay with eircom for my phone and that i wanted IOLBB+ etc. etc.

got a reply telling me that they had misteriously recoved my application and that it would be a further 20 days before they got it sorted due to lots of applications now being ahead of me cos of their cock up. i've asked them if they can speed this up given their cock up and if they say no i'm going to tell them i'm going to cancel it and go with UTV for phone and BB, and see if that shifts them into action.

if it doesn't then i might just do exactly that an go with UTV. anyone know what they ar elike in comparison? i've heard they aren't generally as good as IOL, but I've seen people having some problems with IOL here recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Originally posted by vibe666
    right here we go.

if it doesn't then i might just do exactly that an go with UTV. anyone know what they ar elike in comparison? i've heard they aren't generally as good as IOL, but I've seen people having some problems with IOL here recently.

With regards to service, I can't comment but getting activated seems to be a long drawn out process for me personally.
    I signed up nearly five weeks ago and they still can't give me a definite indication when my line will go live.

Do UTV and Eircom even communicate?

:(

who knows these days. getting sick and tired of it all tbh. might just tell them to feck off and stick with dial up for a while longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

1) Eircom
    2) Mid-July 2003 online
    3) Mid-August 2003 (about 4 weeks later)
    4) 1 week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    To update my status, rang esat today...
    "You ordered? what order? i don't see no order"
    so 2 weeks again i guess.....wtf like they can't even click the boxes in there??????

And Still waiting, this is taking the piss tbh.

rang up just there told the 16th of this month....ffs like this is one hell of a horrible service i'll be leaving iol after the 3 months anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

1) IOL Broadband Plus
    2) Ordered it on the 1st of July, over the internet
    3) Waiting... (should be within 20 working days according to the confirmation email... i'm hoping it's going to be within 10 days like a few people here)
    4) Waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

1) UTV
    2)Ordered 8th July by post received email confirmation on 15th

3)Not yet
    4)Not bloody yet

From email received after tring to find out what the hell was going on
    23 June
    "There is a slight delay at the minute simply due to the huge demand for
    Broadband. Your order has gone though OK, and I would hope that it
    would be active early next week. Unfortunately we do not have specific dates from Eircom."

2 July
    "There is a slight delay at the minute simply due to the huge demand for
    Broadband. Unfortunately we do not have specific
    dates from Eircom."

Now it isnt even next week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭seedubya

1) IOL BB+
    2) Online, 30/06
    3) Line activated yesterday afternoon
    Account activated today following email to sales
    4) Don't have modem etc. yet but already have router so
    I'm online.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Update on mine:

IOL
    ordered: 26th
    Phone

Rang them up today to see what the story was:
    "We have no order from you on the database"

I mean FFS... if they want to have my commitment to the service they can at least get the sales department right!

Usually companies start messing you around AFTER they get you to commit. This must be a first surely!

waiting over a month now, and fully expect it to be a month more before I'm online.

just got the letters yesterday from the BB & phone side of things.

works out OK in the end cos the 3 months starts from the date the line is activated, not when you order (thankfully).

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    Update on mine:

IOL
    ordered: 26th
    Phone

Rang them up today to see what the story was:
    "We have no order from you on the database"

I mean FFS... if they want to have my commitment to the service they can at least get the sales department right!

Usually companies start messing you around AFTER they get you to commit. This must be a first surely!

Welcome to the club, you can now expect at least a 30 day wait for activation aswell........"O I'll put your order through as fast as i can seeing as that mistake was made" hrm that was some time there at the start of june.......
    works out OK in the end cos the 3 months starts from the date the line is activated, not when you order (thankfully).
    A nice for some, i lost a job over it............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    A nice for some, i lost a job over it............

If that was me i'd be fuming. Ya should be compensated for that someway such as them giving ya bb sonner or an extra month.

But of course this is iol we're talking about so not likly. Have you changed provider since?

Originally posted by balkieb2002
    If that was me i'd be fuming. Ya should be compensated for that someway such as them giving ya bb sonner or an extra month.

But of course this is iol we're talking about so not likly. Have you changed provider since?

be little to nothing i can do about it, all their things are 'best estimates' so as they never set a definite date i'm sure i'd have no case for compensation :/

and believe me i am fuming........

and if i change provider now i would lose my 3 months free, but believe me i will be changing at the end of my 3 free months, don't care who to but will never use an esat product again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

1)IOLBB
    2)Ordered 30th June 2004
    3)Phone
    4) have it today (12/07/2004) and downloading since 5pm :)

One happy customer so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

1) IOLBB
    2) june 25th (phone)\july 7th*
    3) hasnt\dunno
    4) havent got it yet

*they "lost" my application after ringing me and offering BB to me.
    had to reapply on the 7th

not happy at all:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

1) UTV
    2) June 3rd
    3) Still waiting
    4) Already have a modem

Moving to a new location within the same exchange area & keeping the same phone number.

Anyone know why UTV cannot use the same port (which is reserved for them in the exchange) to connect me up at my new place?

found a letter in post tis morning saying sds attempted to deliver me modem......so summit finally happening...

though, they attempted delivery on the 13th it says, why they only telling me about it on the 15th? geez ye wouldn't wanna be stuck fer summit real bad with them.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

1) Eirhead
    2) 28th May '04 - Phoned their sales number
    3) 30th June '04
    4) 8th June '04

I received the modem 5 working days after the order but it took 5 weeks to activate the effin line!?!
    After many irate phone calls I was told that there was huge interest in the Summer Surf for Free promotion and that there was nothing could be done about the long waiting time.
    BUT I had phoned in my order over a week before this promotion was launched and I wasn't even getting this promotion!!! Loada shoite! :mad:

I also attempted to order from them in Feb of this year but I cancelled because they were mucking me about then too.

Seems there's no such thing as customer service or customer satisfaction in Eircom and now I'm stuck with them for at least 12 months unless I want to pay an extortionate disconnection fee.

Roll on next June so I can go to NTL! :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Update on my IOL debacle

applied online on the 6th of June

2 automated email replies were sent that same day...

No calls or letters at all came the next week

14th of June I email sales about the lack of response and told:
    application lost

On the 16th of June told application now in process

23rd of June told a live date for BB to be in and around the 28th of July.

On the 1st of July I decided I wanted some clarification ... so sent the following:
    The error is understandable, but even since the error occured (and was reticfied) the eventual application got underway on the 16th of June. By any stretch of the imagination, a wait from the 16th of June to the 28th of July, in comparison to a wait from the 15th June to the 25th of June (as experienced by another recent subscriber), is unfair - and begs the question, what is going on?

If it were to go live on the 14th of July, that would be a 20 working days wait since the delayed application process got underway. 20 working days
    being at the latest end of any expected wait. But the 28th of July is 10working
    days longer than the longest time it should have taken.

I'm just lost as to how this is the case...
    Can you explain why this is so?

Yours,

And they replied:
    Hi Mr. X,

I understand your fustration however I'm afraid I am unable to clarify
    further. Eircom control the exchanges and when the lines are activated for
    broadband. Once we have submitted the order to Eircom they complete the
    necessary work and advise ourselves once the line is activated. For your
    particular order they have advised of a 'target' live date of 28th July.

I really think some sort of offer should be made concerning this delay. We changed fone companies in order to get this IOL broadband and in doing so sent 400+euro fone bills their way... yet we get this, when other punters are applying 2 weeks later and getting hooked up 2 weeks before my guesstimated start date!

who can i complain to at the top?

Ahh my saga ends, dsl in and working........3mts and bye bye iol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

Update on mine

Ordered 29th Of June
    10:30 am today my modem arrives :D 16th of July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

All i wanna know is:
    1) Digiweb wireless
    2) June 29th
    3) Jul 13th
    4) Jul 13th (installation)

Just took about 10-11 working days. What they quoted to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

ESAT BT Business

Been waiting 3 months. Still no sign of progress. Don't bother going near them unless you think that getting broadband is a very difficult thing which requires highly trained astrophysicists to install and an appropriate alignment of the planets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

IOL BB - Advantage Plus

1) Ordered: Today, 21/07/04 - Via Internet
    2) Waiting... (should be within 20 working days according to the confirmation email )
    3) Waiting....

Advertisement