Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time taken to recieve broadband...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just a little bump in case people forget to update theirs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Just a little bump in case people forget to update theirs :)
    At this stage, this thread is of little more use than spam.

We now know that some people got it in under 4 days, and some people took over 3 weeks. Which is pretty much exactly what we knew before this thread started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

how is it spam? your arguement could apply to any thread! How is people sharing info on how long its taken to receive their bb and any problems they've had (me included) be spam? I for one found it good to know that i wasnt the only one having problems with the ineptitude of some of the service providers. After reading this and a few other threads like this i could ring up IOL and give them a bollixing for losing my order armed with the knowledge its happened on quite a number of occasions and which i happily pointed out to them.
    If nothing else this thread should at least provide some form of tracking to see if eircom, iol, netsource etc actually improve their install time\ordering procedures or actually get worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ordered 6th june, still not here.

.......but, got an SDS delivery note telling me my modem is with them and just used their very expensive (E6.05) text re-direction service to get it sent to my g/f's work while I'm working away in sunny limerick, so should be here by the weekend hopefully.

how long was it from modem delivery to (IOLBB) the big turn on for everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Ripwave - if you don't like it, why read it?

Update:
    Read my other posts.. but basically applied 6th June, told live date end of July

Got onto complaints, whatever about the rest of their staff and organisation I was overwhelmed with how good their complaints people were...

Excellent woman on offering all sorts of incentives ringing again and again

Stuff arrived ~ 23rd July, was on hols so got it set up last nite, 3minutes and was online

Good luck to everyone else... once it arrives you don't care how long it took to get! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Update
    Ordered 31 May from UTV - still waiting.
    According to UTV, Eircom have told them there's a problem somewhere between my exchange and phone line. Furthermore, Eircom won't give them any details as to what the problem is or when it is likely to be resolved.

Tried to find out myself by ringing Eircom wholesale - they said I should be dealing with Esat as they have no direct communication with UTV. They also told me that my order was cancelled on the 15 June but later went on to say it is taking so long to process because UTV haven't chased the issue up enough!

I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ordered mine on the 1st of july, got the modem today.
    i've just plugged it in and the ****ing thing isn't accepting my username & pass :(
    iol bb plus, and i've already gone through the 192.168.1.1 setup part... it seems that my account isn't active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Phone em up and ask them what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

phone up who excactly?
    the ****ing 1904 number is just an automated piece of **** that gave me the 1800923111 number. which turned out to be sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I dunno, try 01-4327007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

RTE interviewed a customer rep from Eircom today as the RTE (Five seven live) programme had a lot of complaints about broadband and other complaints...they mentioned broadband specifically a few times...in the end the Eircom person just repeated that she did not have information on call response times.

She taught that an average response to a customer complaint should be about 30 seconds :-)

She also gave a second number outside of the normal number for people who where not happy with the customer number, I was driving so did not get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rkiver

1) Irishbroadband
    2) April 24th by post.
    3) Still not done yet.
    4) Still haven't gotten it.

I have been told it will be August 16th though, after numerous delays, complaints, and getting ComReg to hassle them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

1) IOL Broadband
    2) end of July 2004 sometime
    3) Wednesday 4th August 2004 (i think)
    4) Thursday 5th August 2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

1) Digiweb Bizjet Dsl
    2) 29th July
    3) 6th August
    4) Not recieved yet ( probably mon 9th Aug )

Said 10 days, was up and running on my own router in 8 days......great service !

funnily enough, just got my modem this week. first chance to install was yesterday evening (not a good time to get support), and I'm not getting a link light.

checked with IOL suport and I'm (apparently) activated ok, so they'll have to pass it onto €ircon to do some tests, which will take another week, I'm sure!

3 months to the day from the day I ordered it, and although I have my hardware, I don't have a conneciton.

welcome to the 21st century. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

eirccom
    took them 6 and a half weeks

fucj-wits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

am at 6 and a half weeks now too and still no bb. rang to see what the fook was going on and eshat said i was down for a live date of july 30th but the problem was eircom where falling behind due to the huge demand cause of the offers running. "another week at the most"....yeah..
    oddly enough when i got to the iol page to see if bb is available in my area and put in my number it now says its not.....

can anyone beat over 3 months and still no BB?

got the equipment eventually, but I'm still not enabled.

buggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

1) Eircom
    2) Ordered by Phone sometime in April
    3) It took a while because IOL had reserved the broadband port, so they had to clear it for eircom, that took a few days..
    4) I was using the Broadband service from the start of May :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭mrhappy42

I got my modem within about 3 weeks with IOL...however just was in contact with them and they said that my account was activated on the 12/July/04...however my modem only arrived on the 20th...so my 3 months free period has been reduced by a week or two...is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

1) UTV Clicksilver
    2) 11 August
    3) To be updated
    4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Ordered late June or early July 3 times in total and I'm still waiting on esat/iol to get the finger out :eek:

had a call yesterday saying that an engineer will be in contact with me in the next few days to arrange an on-site visit, so no IOLBB yet (still) despite being ordered on the 6th of june originally. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

TIPPTOP wrote:
    1) UTV Clicksilver
    2) 11 August
    3) To be updated
    4)

1) UTV Clicksilver By the Internet
    2) 11th of August
    3) Line up and Running 18th of August
    4) Modem arrived 19th August

7 Days and only 5 working days, Not a bad service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

1) Esat
    2)30th June by phone
    3) Not yet. They have fcuked up.I was told the other day that my application was not processed. nobody knows the reason. It will now be another three weeks.
    4) Not yet.

I have not had the time to read all the posts but at least I know I'm not the only one. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

1) EsatBT business
    2) October 2002 by phone
    3) February 2003
    4) engineer installation, line activated same day

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

1) UTV
    2) Tonight (23 August)
    3) We'll see what happens, but not feeling hopeful after reading all the above.

:rolleyes:

engineer came this morning to have a look at why it wasn't working, and came in asked me what i did, looked at my setup, plugged in his own router and proclaimed it was dead.

i'd expected him to do more, but he was just a contrator for esat who's job it was to confirm it was actually fux0red, rather than me being a muppet and not installed it right.

anyway still broke, no sign of a live date yet.

at this rate my 3 free months will be over by the time i get online!

damn eircom. not even using them and they're still messing things upfor me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jonnyv

1) Esat
    2) 28th July by web
    3) Not yet. Screwed me around and said there was a proble with the order.
    4) Not yet. ETA Early Sept - Well over the already long 20 WORKING days.

If your looking for a fast BB company - this isnt the one. Luckily im on a 3 month trial, one more thing that pisses me off and im off to UTV :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

1) ESAT
    2) 20/07, ordered over the phone...
    3) Was told 13 working days, It's been over 20, Still no notification of line becoming active!
    4) No modem yet...

Click me for Broadband madness!

Also ESAT sales staff swore at me on the phone yesterday! God thing I am not a sensitive guy! Thankfully their complaints dept seem to be a little better organised than there sales dept!!!

I will be having a nice chat with the director of Residental Business tomorrow.

/Kone

Advertisement