Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time taken to recieve broadband...

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ordered in May. Line went live on June 16. Got modem August 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭freetoair

Ordered from ESAT Aug 12th
    Modem arrived & online Aug 25th
    Total of 13 days or 9 working days - very impressed !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

1. IOL BB
    2. Initially 22 May 2004, and again 28 June. Long story.
    3. Supposedly 15 July, in actuality, Not yet
    4. Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

vibe666 wrote:
    can anyone beat over 3 months and still no BB?

got the equipment eventually, but I'm still not enabled.

buggers.

Hit the three month mark on Sunday and ESAT have admitted openly they're waiting on Eircom to pull their finger out and get a move on but speculate I shouldn't get my hopes up too soon. At least they were totally honest about it....

So over 3 months with no line and no modem and no end in sight - does that beat you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Eircom ordered on a Friday.Received modem and online the Following Friday.5 working days ! I hate eircom a little less now !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Ordered a new phone line on June 22nd after failing the broadband test... I am less than a mile from my ports available exhange - this is the 2nd house I've lived in in Dublin City in the last year that cannot get broadband... no-one at eircom can tell me why I fail it, or what I can do to overcome failing it... so with no other option I ordered the new line in the hope it will pass... have rung them 7 times since then and all their representatives have been entirely unhelpful, know nothing and couldn't care less. They even refuse to give their full names. Although my order is listed, they still cannot tell me when I will get my line as they are waiting for 'engineering works' :o

I've worked in a **** company that allows bullcrap like the 'no name policy' (Gateway) and its indictive of pathethic managment and a 'no responsibility for anything' attitude. " Hi can I speak to Mike?" " Mike who?" "Mike Ahhhhh, sorry your companys a fcuking joke..."

THe burning rage I feel is definitely bad for me...

I've ordered IBB breeze home plus (pings anyone?) but am right on the cusp of their coverage zone... we'll see how I get on... I cannot fathom how Eircom are not constantly in the news for their pathethic service, i mean, BB availability in Ireland is worse than Bolivia for chrissakes!!?!!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Killah_B wrote:
    I've worked in a **** company that allows bullcrap like the 'no name policy' (Gateway) and its indictive of pathethic managment and a 'no responsibility for anything' attitude.
    if you've worked for a company who uses this policy (most of them do) then you should understand that it's there to protect their staff from angry customers finding out where they live and doing nasty things to them.

you should also know that if you've spoken to somebody before, that there will be a log of your call, and whoever you do speak to will be able to quickly see what your particular story is, and what stage everything is at, and follow on from the last person you spoke to.

having worked for gateway, you should also know that for pretty much the whole time 'Mike' is at work, he's going to be taking calls from other people and completely unable to field a call from you anyway.

Protect the staff? Yes that's right, the world is full of hate filled psychos that are going to take the time and effor tto tack down 'Mike Murphy' and get back at him... utterly ridiculous. That was the mindless rational in gateway and is the mindless rational in Eircom. Over 3 years working in Gateway giving out my full name and not once did a dangerous madman track me down... I must have just been lucky - or maybe I took the wild step of actually trying to help people??? And the fact is most companys don't have a policy on this. Show me one company that has it in their HR handbook that you are not meant to give out your full name to 'protect yourself' and I'll show you a paranoid deluded fool... its a work to rule policy initiated by do nothing staff and tolerated by lazy management....

Do you honestly think that if I ring up and complain that 'Mike' didn't help me that there will be any repurcussions for him? Mike who? The only way to know who I spoke to is if they logged the call correctly, which seeing as they do nothing to help and I was questioning their ability and commitment to their job, they're unlikely to do it anyway...

As for logging the call, an ill-educated moron types in 'customer rang to complain about delay' is a great history to have written in. Reeall helpful.

I don't care if I talk to 'Mike' again, I just want some accountability for the lack of activity.

Great comments vibe 666, real insightful - keep up the good work, you might get yourself a job with eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

sweet god, they're all monkeys!

Ordered 23rd of June and after re-ordering 3 times and being promised I would have my installation done by the end of this month I decided to get in touch with IOL/Esat yesterday only to be given the fantastic news that this time (apparently) the line failed on eircom's end and thus the application was refused despite the line having passed on several other occasions but now when i go to the test sites for iol/eircom it does indeed fail -- what the hell is going on? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

oh, by the way, after being very nice and understanding to the esat tech support people i finally got my broadband turned on on tuesday. almost 3 months as it turned out from applying to getting it, so sorry uaobrien but you did beat me after all. hang in there though, it'll all be worth it in the end. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

ordered ripwave from IBB 3 weeks ago. Still hasn't been debited from my account, therefore I haven't received anything. They lost my order the first time. How long does it take to process cards? Small corner shops can do it in 24 hours. It better work when I get it. (If I get it). How long have others been waiting for ripwave? What wrong with companies in Ireland. Don't they want my money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

sigh...sitting here and thinking about how long it is taking the tune to the chorus to an old song called "18 and life" by Skid row just popped into my head that fits

10 weeks and life you got it
    10 weeks and life you know
    Your not online and it's
    10 weeks and life to go
    10 weeks and life you got it
    10 weeks and life you know
    Your not online and it's
    10 weeks and life to go

anyway its makes sense in my head :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Eglinton wrote:
    ordered ripwave from IBB 3 weeks ago. Still hasn't been debited from my account, therefore I haven't received anything.
    And what did they say when you called them to ask them when you'd receive it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

when i enquired they said it takes them ages to put cards through. really amazes me. anyway, they've now said i'll get it next week. we'll see!!! only a simple matter if a courier.

I went and ordered Irish BBs Home Breeze plus (1MB up 1MB down - no limits whoo-hoo!) last Friday after realising EircoN would never sort me out - IBB rang me today to confirm an installation Monday afternoon!!

Fingers crossed I'll pass the line of sight test! May be forced to get neighbours to cut down trees!!!

Advertisement