Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art as a career.

Options
  • 04-06-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

just wondering were ayone out there planning to go ahead with art after the exams as a career.
    Im planning to do do either graphic design or teaching but im doing a portfolio course first probably.
    Anyone with experience in that able to give any advice.

or anyone planning to do it either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

Planning on doing a portfolio course too. then hopefully photography after that, i heard it hard to get into photography courses in irelnad though so ill probably be applying to UCAS too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

hey again.....

i was thinking the same as you a year ago until i went to my portfolio course that ive just finished and my prioritys are now different...going to a good portfolio course is perfect for pointing you in the right direction as it will point out your flaws and your skills

i got into all the colleges that i applied for and now decided to do core year in n.c.a.d

mainly due to the fact that i dont want to head down a specified path....

ok...you might want to do teaching now...or graphic design....but after your four years of 'training', would you be happy just being able to apply yourself to only one of the hundreds of sections in art?...ie teaching/graphic desgn?

if i were in your shoes id try and do an all round education in it...you never know...you might find out that you could have an incredible knack for illustration or sculpture, then after being tought in most areas, you could break off in the direction you want to take then.......

just something to think about :)

if you want any other info you can pm me :) tedi :p

Advertisement