Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up DSL using Eircom Nettopia

Options
  • 04-06-2004 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Ok I need to set up Eircom's DSL home service using a NEtopia DSL modem which has a USB and Eth port also I have a 3com office connect firewall, I havnt a clue how to use the 3com firewall I have the DSL working using the Netopia but I need to setup the 3com as well, any one got a clue how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

i never use the netopia cause its a piece of ****e IMO.

First setup the netopia to use ethernet and get it connected to the internet, then set its internal ip as 192.168.0.2/24

so thats your router done, now connect your firewall directly to the router and give it an external ip as 192.168.0.1/24 with default gateway as 192.168.0.2/24

give its internal ip as 10.0.0.254/24 and your pc ip as 10.0.0.2/24 with your Pc's DG as 10.0.0.254/24

simple :rolleyes:

Advertisement