Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallelujah! the server returns!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

good god a day in work without boards, i nearly had a nervous breakdown! lol never leave me again *sniffles*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Wahey.

Fix it on the day I start a new job why don't ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

:mad: in your absence I actually got some study done for my leaving cert. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

As I said, it may not be 100% fixed and we might have more downtime until we can definately find the problem and fix it, or move to another machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

hahaha so much for hosting 365's "100% uptime"!
    I had been planning on going with them for business hosting but jesus H christ - a whole weekend of downtime?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by eth0_
    I had been planning on going with them for business hosting but jesus H christ - a whole weekend of downtime?

I think it's boards own server that is having problems not the host.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

It was a hardware problem with board's own server, I dont see what h365 could have done about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi eth0_,

As stated above, the issue was with a disk on the boards web frontend. This is a Boards Ltd. owned and maintained server. If you had checked, you would clearly see all our other sites and customers were happily online, this issue was completely outside our control or responsibility, we had no outage of any kind during the period.

Hope that clarifies,
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Hi eth0_,

As stated above, the issue was with a disk on the boards web frontend. This is a Boards Ltd. owned and maintained server. If you had checked, you would clearly see all our other sites and customers were happily online, this issue was completely outside our control or responsibility, we had no outage of any kind during the period.

Hope that clarifies,
    Stephen

Fair enough, sorry for the assumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

No worries, with over 20 thousand domains on our network, I reckon I'd not be calmly sitting here if we'd had a weekends outage :)

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

No Boards at the weekend was alright, but no Boards during work??? What the hell am I supposed to do? I've had to get out my job description and read it again, just to see what the hell I'm actually meant to be doing here! :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Still as dense as pig **** I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Excellent. I go away and the server falls over. So I haven't missed as much as I thought.

Good reminder for me to pay up my subs though :)

Advertisement