Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography feild study questions

Options
  • 05-06-2004 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I finally got my hands on a field study (which I'd love to scan in for all you fellow slackers, but cant since my scanner is broken). To my dismay, the project was 15 pages long! :eek:, so I've had to condense it, and I've got it down to four pages, thats excluding the fifth part of the question which changes every year. So is four pages enough? And what are the vital elements I need to get a good mark on teh question?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It depends what study ya doing, Im doing a river study.

Ya need to give your title and aims (5 preferably)

Then preperation

how ya measrued everything
    results etc....

But make sure its all relevant and make sure its layed out right, Undlerline each new heading etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

oh, ya, sorry, Its a coastal study, with three aims: is material being sorted on a beach; investigate erosion on a wave cut platform and ; investigate mans interference in the coast(peir)

will I have to explain each erosive process? Thats one thing I really hate about geography, the repetittion and stating of the obvious. I dont have room for it in four pages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Prolly would help to briefly mention.

BLAH BLAH hapens through chemical erosion ( breaking down of rock due to a chemical reaction taking place within them i.e limestone and rain) BLAH BLAH

I dunno tho, I personally would do somethin like the above as its bound to help a bit and it takes up space and is relevant , but if you have something better then by all means ignore my ranting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Originally posted by pleb
    Ok, so I finally got my hands on a field study (which I'd love to scan in for all you fellow slackers, but cant since my scanner is broken). To my dismay, the project was 15 pages long! :eek:, so I've had to condense it, and I've got it down to four pages, thats excluding the fifth part of the question which changes every year. So is four pages enough? And what are the vital elements I need to get a good mark on teh question?

Dont you think it will be a bit suspicious when you hand up a different field study to the one everyone else in your class is doing?

Theyll "know" your calss becasue all your exam numbers willl be relativley closs figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by senordingdong
    Dont you think it will be a bit suspicious when you hand up a different field study to the one everyone else in your class is doing?

Theyll "know" your calss becasue all your exam numbers willl be relativley closs figures.

no, we've got 3 geography classes in LC. The exam nos are assigned alphebeticly, and this project is from a person in my year, so there'll be loads doing the same one.
    Anyway, what if I was sick that day and had to go do one on my own.;)

• Advertisement

no, we've got 3 geography classes in LC. The exam nos are assigned alphebeticly, and this project is from a person in my year, so there'll be loads doing the same one.
    [/B
    Fair enough, i didnt realise you had gotten from someone in your year.

Anyway, what if I was sick that day and had to go do one on my own.;) [/B

Uh huh? I could see that one going down so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by senordingdong

Not necessarily - what about people who repeat in grinds schools like Yeats, Park, etc. They're all going to have different case studies to the rest of their group. If anything, it'll just be a minor annoyance for having to actually read something new in the middle of 30 carbon copies of the same field-study.

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Not necessarily - what about people who repeat in grinds schools like Yeats, Park, etc. They're all going to have different case studies to the rest of their group. If anything, it'll just be a minor annoyance for having to actually read something new in the middle of 30 carbon copies of the same field-study.

Yeah good point...but im imagining some krusty old, tweed jacket wearing, bitter old man whos out to nit-pick.

Advertisement