Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Piece of fluff] Aisle be on time thanks to bridal train . . .

• 05-06-2004 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭

http://home.eircom.net/content/unison/national/3332085?view=Eircomnet
    Aisle be on time thanks to bridal train . . .
    Saturday, 5th June, 2004

A RADIANT bride told a Luas tram driver "get me to the church on time" . . . and he did.

In fact, it may have been the first time ever that a bride made it to the altar seven minutes early.

Davnet Cassidy, from Dundrum, Dublin, was the bride who chose the slightly unorthodox method of travelling to her wedding at the Unitarian Church in St Stephen's Green by tram.

The bride, her two bridesmaids and her father were picked up by the special wedding tram at 1.30pm in Dundrum.

Although the Luas will not be operating services to the public until the end of this month, the company was more than happy to provide transport as a treat on the big day.

The wedding party arrived at the church well ahead of schedule, much to the relief of the groom, Paul Conneely.

"It was good fun," smiled the bride.

"It's never been done before so at least I can say I did something different."

And from the end of the month, the public will finally get a chance to try out the modern new system for themselves, with the Sandyford to St Stephen's Green line commencing services on June 30, and the Tallaght to Abbey Street route scheduled for completion at the end of August.

Aoife Finneran

Advertisement