Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Level Irish Predictions

Options
  • 05-06-2004 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody been given any hints from there teachers about what poems to expect?
    All we were told was that Donncha Ban is due up and maybe Leabharlann Deirdre aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by senordingdong
    and maybe Leabharlann Deirdre aswell.

Library Deirdre? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Originally posted by claire h
    Library Deirdre? ;)

Dierdre's Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

For prose I'd say Amuigh Liom Fein and Gafa definitely, and An Lasair Choille or Fiosracht Mna. Clann Lir has been up for the last 3 years. Everyone's saying Donncha Ban and Labhrann Deirdre. If they weren't so painfully boring I'd be quite happy to go along with that prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Out of curiousity, why Labhrann Deirdre and Donncha Ban?

It seems to be a national rumour that they'll come up, but where's the theory behind the fact? (or something like thta..meh..you know what i mean...)

As far as I know they're the only 2 that have never come up (Donncha Ban definitely hasn't anyway), and this is the last year of the current course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Claon mé mo cheann I heard looks promising.

Sure you get the poem on the day. I aint that hard, if you just know the jist. You just have to know key words for each poem. Like for Claon mé mo cheann its maoithenas[sp] sentimental. And for Bríd Óg Ní Maille, its grá eagmaise. Unrequited love. Just know something like that for every poem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Has anyboy ever pickedup on potential patterns on the stair na gaeilge?
    It pisses me off that there is so much about it in my book (Díograis) and your asked to write so little about it on the paper.

I heard my friends talking about something to do with 2 things in Stair swapping every year. I heard Ruraiocht mentioned, I think it's either definitely coming up or definitely not (in which case something else definitely is. How helpful of me :rolleyes:). Check last years paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

...screw that, I'm bolloxed for the prose. The only stories I can waffle on about are Clann Lir and An Lasair Choille. Maybe Fiosracht Mhná with the right question, but the other two are terrible.

If Treall doesn't come up in poetry, I'm dead meat.

Labhrann Deirdre...I'm praying for it.

Advertisement