Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nVentiv file for Bankruptcy (makers of Prometeia Mach II and Mach I)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yes read about this 2 days ago a shame really. Apparantly some sites are jacking up the price of MACH II. Its about to go limited edition. Now is the time to be selling one if you have it.

Matt by the way what cpu you over clock 2700mhz on your MACH II. If its a standard AMD 64 chip (not fx) the multiplier is locked on it. How badly would that affect overclocks on AMD 64 platform. Finally are the intel chips locked as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Azza
    Yes read about this 2 days ago a shame really. Apparantly some sites are jacking up the price of MACH II. Its about to go limited edition. Now is the time to be selling one if you have it.

Matt by the way what cpu you over clock 2700mhz on your MACH II. If its a standard AMD 64 chip (not fx) the multiplier is locked on it. How badly would that affect overclocks on AMD 64 platform. Finally are the intel chips locked as well.

Virtually any Athlon 64 will run close to 2700. Good ones will do over 2800. The A64 3200 (the new 512k cache version, 2.2GHz, 11x Multi) I got was getting into windows at 2950 on my broken Mach II (temps were nearly 20C). As I said before get a CPU with 11x Multi, the higher the multiplier the low the FSB needs to be.

All Intel chips are locked, all AMD64 chips are unlocked, however only Athlon FX allows setting the multi higher.

Matt

Advertisement