Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love sucks!

Options
  • 06-06-2004 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Do you ever wish that you could just cut your heart out and be done with what we primates call love?

:) The greatest line ever.... "Cut his heart out with a spoon!"

"Why a spoon?"

"Because it will hurt more!"

Some one hand me a spoon "please!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

And sleeping on it - what's buggin me - tearing me apart more like, didn't help....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Laine

Love does definitely suck big time. The fact that you can care about one person so much that they can destroy you is kinda inspiring though. At least you know you're alive and not wading through this life without a clue. At the end of the day, is love the only thing that is keeping us here? Whether it be love for a person or a passion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

is love the only thing keeping us here?
    i was thinkin that to myself before.. i cant see anything else in life that's actually worth anything much, like... most creativity stems out of love in some way or another.. same with music.. and sadness.. it all comes from it in one way or another..
    without love there's no point in existing at all. life'd just be... well.. life.
    and that'd suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Laine

Yeah but that means two things....either you have love and its incredible, if at times heartwrenching; or you have it all in front of you, which means that good things are to come.

I agree that most creativity expresses the emotions of love, but the love to be creative is also something that keeps us going. As in, if you love music, art, maths (I dont know) - its something to inspire you. I have so much respect for people who pursue their passions and make a life out of their love for something. But I suppose when you have achieved all that...there's still the need to be loved. Its probably a conflict of heart and soul or something really deep that Kundera would advocate....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I would never want to live in a world without love. Im a romantic and I make no apologies for it, but a world without love would be joyless and empty. One of the problems is that these days theirs so much pressure on people to be strong and in control and theirs is a perception that to be in love is to lose some of that control. And it’s true. The person you’re in love with holds a lot of power over you. But there is noting at all wrong with that. And it’s also true that that person has the power to hurt you. Badly. But in my view its worth the risk, love is the most beautiful madness you’ll ever know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 *lil*angel*

i dont think love is a waist of time!

you think you have found the right prerson and your getting on great, then the bastard tunrs around and gets off with your best mate, not worth it i tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

My problem with how love and relationship is viewed today is summed up quite nicely by Jellyman. Two people vying for control, that’s not what love is or should be about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

I didn't mean to come down so hard on love, but rather how I seem to approach it - jumping in head first regardless of depth (of feeling on the other's part) at the risk of my own neck. I've always been a romantic - often to my own detrament, and know "no" other way to be; being a typical "cancer" - the zodiac and not the disease, I live, breathe, be, am, according to how I feel, which isn't healthy for me...meaning I don't eat (can't remember the last meal that I had no that I think of it - last week some time I think), I don't sleep (insomnia is a lovesick fiends best friend), and I tend to pull away from anything and everything around me... Being a slave to my feelings, I tend to retreat into my protective shell to wallow in the pain/pleasure of my feelings because it's often all that I have... Is this making any sense whatsoever?

I guess what I'm bitching - kind of metaphorically kicking myself about, is the "me" in this and how I always seem to "fall" headlong into love blind to all conciquence... And what kills me is that I am left shocked and awed when it doesn't work out; kind of like Homer Simpson when he comes to the inevitable end of his can or pint of Duff beer - blind to the obviousness of an all too unavoidable reality! *Hey I so should get bonus points for bringing the Simpson's into this :)

I've always been great at falling in love - but real crap at pulling myself up out of the down of it's end...

But all things having to have a possitive: The wounds do inspire & I've been writing .... I don't know what else to do - other than to write... I'm a writer - it's what I am, and it is the only other outlet that I have...

As the song goes, "It's all just another brick in my wall!"

Thanks for allowing "moi" to vent... and being kind in your replies to this most pathetic thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

I hate the whole love thing at the moment

it jsut seems to be there to piss you off and make u confused and jsut when u think things are getting better soemthing happens again to make u go ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh away with all these boy type people...

*end of rant*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

All ill say is

he/she who dares wins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Wir_Sind_Helden

Best thing to do is drop-kick a cat over a wall.
    It's the rock thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

it's a beautiful thing when peole are honest about love too..

You're all phuckin beautiful people and have brightened my day with the faith..

in the end of it, it goes like it's said, love is all you need..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

Yea man!!!

I can see why people get pissed off with the whole love thing but lets b honest, Even if it dont work out, a very cool saying to take heart in is (although really soppy)

Its better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

Advertisement