Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Brand would you like?

Options
  • 06-06-2004 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭

apart from the licences allready available or planned (star wars, matric etc) What title would you like to see done up as a mmorpg.

This can be anything from books to films to other games. I just wanna hear the kind of worlds people wanna play in.

the two i would like are:

Panzer Dragoon -the whole raise your own dragon idea could be alot of fun...

Sonic the Hedgehog -Insane Massive multiplayer platforming!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Star trek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

think it could be in the making (saw it in one of my old pc gamers...)

other brands i know in the making are:

Warhammer
    Warcraft
    Matrix

Originally posted by BlitzKrieg
    think it could be in the making (saw it in one of my old pc gamers...)

As far as i know that star trek game turned into star wars galaxies

awww....well when they do make one i wanna buy ds9...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

A MMORPG of warhammer!! got a linky? I saw the RPG the other day and cant wait for it!

well since most things are taken like heroes and fantasy and sci-fi I dunno eh.... Family guy MMORPG!!

lol I dunno I had a serious one too but cant remember it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Niar

I'd like to see more massively multiplayer twitch based rpgs, im sick of being owned by 11 year olds that play 24/7.. id like to see some sort of skill added. If i could make an mmorpg, id probably make a massively multiplayer version of tekken :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'd like to see a MMORPG based on george rr martin's Song of Ice and fire.

With the amount of political maneauvering etc. 10 yr olds would tend toward the muscle characters while more "seasoned" players would be able to take the real power :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by LoLth
    I'd like to see a MMORPG based on george rr martin's Song of Ice and fire.

With the amount of political maneauvering etc. 10 yr olds would tend toward the muscle characters while more "seasoned" players would be able to take the real power :)

I second that , fantastic books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Nice idea for a thread.

I think magic carpet would be awesome, if it were done properly.

That or a stargate MMORPG.

And Niar, even if your 10 years old or not, if you spend that much time playing a game, any game, you'll be quite skilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Yeah a stargate mmorpg would be great

• Advertisement

http://www.warhammeronline.com

there ya go...developed by climax and produced by Sega

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Necromunda!!!!

battletech would be nice, the mmorts was cancelled ages ago

dune.....(i was so looking forward to dune:generations)

Traveller 2300 - great rpg

Elite mmorpg would rock too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by jaggeh
    Elite mmorpg would rock too

That would be Eve I guess.

Greatly superior graphics but worse gameplay, imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

screw eve, i want an imp courier with a 100mw beam and a class 4 military drive, AND I WANT MY NAME TO BE JAMESON AND ......(on and on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I would LOVE a battletech mmorpg/mechwarrior game.

Mechwarrior 3 graphics, no "levels" or "skills" except personal skills, it's all about politics, money, research and power.

Form a mercenary regiment and work for FRR or enter into service in comstar.

All government leaders are paid employees.

pwn :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

A battletech mmorpg would be fantastic, I would like a bablyon 5 one myself but I cant really see how it could be done well.

One based around the wheel of time would be fairly cool too but dunno if you could make it and be balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

i 100% agree with bizmark star trek would be a really cool one so many different roles you could play different sides ect . a section 31 operative would be kewl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Darkener
    i 100% agree with bizmark star trek would be a really cool one so many different roles you could play different sides ect . a section 31 operative would be kewl
    star trek's universe has more plot holes then....something with lots of holes.

plus ANYTHING changed/new would be massively criticised by trekkies.

Trekkies dont mind new stuff or even minor changed stuff its when a game/tv show/movie pisses all over the timeline that we get pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Agreed id love to see the book series new frontier made into a rpg alot to expand on no ****ing with the timeline

• Advertisement
Advertisement