Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightwish - Once

Options
  • 06-06-2004 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

Just aquired it last night and have to say it is imho one of their best albums to date. Some of the songs are a lot heavier than I was expecting and then counter balanced by some truely fantasic melody.

My favourite song has to be Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan, I can only assume this was done with an orchestra of some scale! The vocals are truely amazing and the chellos in it really make it fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Yeah I believe the Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan song was aided by the London symphony orchestra..well Im not 100% positive on this but yes it does sound fantastic.
    Planet hell is savage aswell,I must admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't heard the full thing, but what I have heard is amazing. Planet Hell is a brilliant song.

I saw the video for Nemo on tv earlier aswell. Much better than everything else they were playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Where'd you get it Ronan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

excellent stuff, cant wait to grab it. :D

edit: btw i was wondering who is the musical genuis behind nightwish? or do they all contribute ? usually i find with bands like this there are one or two main heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think Toumas is the main songwriter in Nightwish, Nadir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Just after getting it there, excellent, some real great guitar work on it, and vocal's couldnt be questioned either, truely superb. Dont know if its their best, diffrent style, its more, epic, or something, but certainly a great album.

Advertisement