Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angel Deck

• 06-06-2004 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

As in 20 plains, 20 spells, 18 Angels and 2 suntail hawks just to have more then one cheat creature as my cheapest angel is Haunted Angel at 3 converted mana.

I love the deck, but i'd love to know what some pro's think.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

in all honesty you'd probably get slaughtered by someone with a well built currently competitive type2 deck, but the deck should be fine for casual play. But i could very well be wrong as i don't know what cards you're using and seeing as you're using non standard cards (cards from before onslaught) you could actually have a very good deck there :) Post a full decklist if you want a proper assessment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Zakerius

Groovy, will do *rumages for deck*
    Well me and everyone i play use 60 card decks as a rule.
    (in mana cost order)

20- plains
    (creatures)
    3- Suntail Hawks
    1- Haunted Angel
    2- Glimering Angel
    2- Voice of Truth
    1- Serra Advocate
    1- Voice Of All
    3- Sustainer Of The Realm
    3- Angel Of Mercy
    1- Serra Angel
    1- Angel Of Fury
    1- Angel Of Retribution
    2- Arcangel
    (spells)
    1- Aegis Of Honor
    2- Holy Strength
    3- Disenchants
    2- Sacred Nectar
    1- Heros Resolve
    1- Afterlife
    1- Floating Shield
    2- Unquestioned Authority
    1- Chastise
    1- Mirror Strike
    1- Noble Purpose
    2- Decree Of Justice

*Awwww crap!! Ive lost a card somewhere.....now that my friends SUCKS*

just played with the deck a bit there and basically, it's much too slow. Unless you draw a suntail hawk or your one haunted angel there's basically nothing you can do for the first four turns, which gives your opponent plenty of time to kill you. You need some cheaper blockers in there to keep your opponent busy while you build up enough mana to play your big angels.

Usualy (this is against goodish to moderate players so far) i manage to survive at maybe like 18 or like 15 health (usualy thanks to spells)
    Im hesitant to put in anything but angels. Every Angel card I have is in there. If ya look at angels like Glimering Angel(2/2, flying, blue mana:G.A. cant be target of spells or abilities this turn, cost of 4 converted mana) you'll see that there are some pointless crap Angels in there.

Its more a for show deck, but i will tare down my 5 other white decks to fix it soon, if i will be playing people with the smarts

i'd like to see you survive till round 5 with 15 health against my ravager deck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

hmm, i see that deck having speed problems also, youd want a goodly lot of creatures with converted mana cost three or less. also, id htink personally that 20 land mightnt be enough to support such a heavy deck, and would suggest increasing the land up to 24 minimum, which is the usual amount for a T1 deck with big creatures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

You really should consider adding some blue, even if its only a splash.

Iridescent Angel is a great card. Guiding spirit is worth putting in and you could add some counterspells or card draw. Riptide replicater is another playable card as is Coat of arms.

But why the angel theme? There isnt really a whole lot out there to take advantage of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Maybe he just likes angels? Hell i started on goblins because I thought they were funneh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

methinks that angels cant cut the mustard, the only REALLY good angels are Exalted Angel and Pristine Angel and maybe Serra Angel, but since theyre in T2 anyway, and since a T2 deck that uses white control (wraths of god, eternal dragons) are the dominant white decks, these angels wont see play in a deck of their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Actually he brings up an interesting question.

Since you cant really play anything untill 4 mana why not add some things that will help you stay alive untill then.

A) Where are the Sword to plowshares.
    B) Balance would fit in quite nicely too.
    C) Wrath of god is a must have.
    D) Any life gain card would fit quite nicely but I especially like Pulse of the Fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Last_Human

Yeah the deck is a tad too slow, even for casual which is a few turns slower (depending on group) I'd suggest adding exalted angels (can come out on turn 3 and attack on turn 4), wing shards(in keeping with the angel theme) and maybe replace the sacred nectars with renewed faith
    Looks like a fun casual deck and certaibly more popular than my much maligned clock of omens/static orb/tanglewire deck which was been causing furrowed brows since 5th Dawn was released :p

LH

Sorry it took me an age to reply ive been dead, heh

I do LOVE angels, just because I love that I can survive long enough to play an Archangel with something like heros resolve and just kill the enemy really. But saying this I dont play the best of players. Id be 2nd best in our group, an elf deck and a standard blue deck being the bane of my existance, wash out is one of the biggest pains in the ass EVER.
    I have a great combo for wrath of god but you's probably already know, Dominaria's Judgement and Wrath Of God, I only ever play one when I have the land to play them both and of course have 'em both.
    I have other decks I love other then my Angels, but they are my favorite by far.

Advertisement