Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronaldo (the real one!) to Spurs??????

• 06-06-2004 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

*cough* :ninja:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/june/englishnews5060604.html
    Ronaldo has revealed he'd welcome the chance to join his good friend, Frank Arnesen, at Tottenham.

The pair became close during Ronaldo's days at PSV Eindhoven and the Brazilian ace told the News of the World: "I have often said that I wanted to play for a few seasons in England before I end my career and that remains the case.

"Frank going to Tottenham, of course, makes me think about England again and it would be ideal for me to work under him.

"He is the one who discovered me and has been more like a father to me since.

"Nobody helped me more when I first came to Europe and for that I will always keep a place open in my heart...and my door is always open to him as well."

He added, "Many times I have worked with people who have helped improve my career - people like Bobby Robson, Mario Zagallo and Marcello Lippi.

"But the one I always had serious football talks with was Frank. I consider him to be extremely important and in so many ways he has helped me.

"He was the only one who did not doubt me at PSV when others did and, without him, I wouldn't be where I am.

"Now he is going to work in England, I can only say that it re-ignites my interest in the Premiership.

"Arnesen will be like fresh air in that league and bigger teams than Tottenham will be sorry they did not bring him over first.

"He knows more about football than anyone I know, not only because he showed me a few things with the ball at my feet, but also because he has a vision that few others have.

"And Tottenham should know he understands what it means to be a foreigner in a new country. He also knows more about the psychology of the game than anyone I have met."

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't think Ronaldo realises his own value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL spurs pay 80 to 90 grand a week i think not.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Santini has 8 mil to spend. Tribalfootball is one of the worst websites ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

This brings me back to was it the sumer before last when Glenda nearly signed every top player in world football...

What is next....spurs nearly sign Beckham? spurs nearly sign Henry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by KdjaC
    LOL spurs pay 80 to 90 grand a week i think not.

kdjac

His presenece at white hart lane or any club for that matter could generate a good chunk of that in extra income from ticket sales alone. I think if he were to move to the premiership Chelsea would be the most likely destination but if as the article said he really wants to work with Arnesen again he,ll have to go to spurs.

As the source for the story is tribal football I wouldn't think there is much truth to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

it was also in the News of the World.

I dont think the story is a load of bollocks. but i do think that Real aren't going to let him go, and he cant just leave since he has 4 years left on his contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Mourinho was given a list of over 20 players that Chelsea have offers for. When he saw the list he asked what was he supposed to do with the players. :D

I think that some players who were expecting big pay days with moves to Chesea are going to be disappointed. Ronaldo was on the list along with a few of his Madrid buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by Bannor
    Mourinho was given a list of over 20 players that Chelsea have offers for. When he saw the list he asked what was he supposed to do with the players. :D
    20!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, Abramovich and Kenyon are like kids in a sweet shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i have been away and have to catch up on all the spurs talk!!

ronaldo??!! well levy having pulled arnesen and santini out of the bag if people in london are now to be believed is leggin it around the place to fin a constorium to buy him!!

my verdict: not till we get cl!!

spurs have in excess of 20 mil to spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

This is a ridiculous rumour, but unlike previous years there actually will be decent purchases made by the club this summer.

We'll happily listen to all the "nearlys" when the real deals are being done on the quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

This article is not really about a possible transfer this summer but what it really says is that "world class" players now acknowledge that there is world class management at Tottenham. Performances, results and qualifications for Europe *need* to follow and then watch what happens maybe next summer ....

So no we will not sign him but at least he is thinking about us

jolly

PS Spurs had a complex financial deal to bring Rivaldo to the Lane 2 years ago involving serious sponsorship from unnamed companies but basically wages would not have been an issue. There is a financial construct there at Spurs for this kind of special deal.

PPS The transfer kitty is realistically unknown ... given the vulture culture of agents .. would agree it is much closer to 20m than 8m ... expect Santini needed to get this type of confirmation as well ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

also this 20mil or so is cash. ie with most deals these days being staggered. say £3m over 5 years that 20 mil could realistically double. if you get my drift.

thought this would be a good places for who spurs have been linked with

lizarauzu
    thuram
    wiltord (not sure i want him)

these are the latest ones, couple them with the others

Advertisement