Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

block kazaa ports

• 06-06-2004 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

i need to block kazaa's ports to stop excessive downloading by members of my brethren. i'm on iol bb plus with zyxel dual interface modem and have norton personal firewall. how do i go about this? i'd also like to not block shareza and burst torrent in the process. thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Now why would you want to go and do a thing like that. Share a little. If you really want to stop users from downloading, or limit the amount someone downloads, including bandwidth consumption; then you can go to your kazaa options menu --> traffic and either disable sharing altogether or limit the amount of uploads you wish to allow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

its got nothing to do with uploads! i always upload and am a big request ripper but i cant go into that here. my problem is that last month we went over the cap by 8 gigs and cant risk being charged, the upload cap was only about 10 gigs or something so i dont mind that. i just need to impose some sustainable devolpment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

if you block the kazaa ports, you can't use kazaa at all.

If you want sustainable downloads, try grabbing Netlimiter, and limiting kazaa to a realisticly low download rate (like 10kb/sec).

Alternatively, just let em know that if they break the cap and get charged, they pay for it. (I assume you're paying for BB).

Advertisement