Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More kazza bb problems

• 06-06-2004 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this but pretty much everything I try to download off kazaa in a video format won't play. It gives this message where it is requesting a codec and it always fails leaving just audio and no visual...

Is there a solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill

Is there a solution?

Indeed - http://www.divx.com - It's most likely a divx encoded video file.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

is there anything you can download as opposed to buying that thing??

I know of people who download episodes of south park and stuff so there must be a way around it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

look for it on kazaa, get the latest divx codec. be very careful what you download though cause it's nearly impossible to get rid of a codec

i was just looking around the divx site and they do seem to have a version you can download here www.divx.com/divx/?src=toptab_divx_from_/software/index.php

But it is ad supported which i'm pretty sure means they monitor your system, does anyone know anything more about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Use Adaware cuz it gets rid of spyware.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Get yourself Kazaa Lite and get yourself Kazaa Lite Codec Pack

all your problems fixed :-)

Is there anywhere you can get kazaa lite for free?

Erm, Kazaa Lite is free. Look for the k++ edition. There was a cache of it up on the techtv site but it's not there anymore..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't have a link to Kazaa Lite but I have a link to the Kazaa Codec Pack :D

How's the head Barry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Originally posted by dlofnep
    How's the head Barry?

fine, why wouldn't it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    is there anything you can download as opposed to buying that thing??
    http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe

Advertisement