Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Golf Mark V - CD Sound Quality???

Options
  • 06-06-2004 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi -

Can anybody help me out here....

I recently bought a new VW Golf (1.6 Sportsline). It came complete with a built-in RCD 300 CD/AM-FM unit.

I'm very happy with the car overall but the sound quality from the RCD 300 is...well...crap! Treble response is good and quality is fine BUT there's no bass worth talking about even with the bass setting to max. I'm not looking for perfect sound but this is pretty awful....

Yes, before somebody asks, all the speakers ARE working, i.e. the little treble units at the front of the driver/passenger window and the units built-in to the front doors....I think the latter are the problem...they are meant to provide the bass sounds.

Years ago, I heard that all VWs came to Ireland without the CD/tuner installed and that they were installed on importation. Maybe the same applies to the speakers and that the Irish importers are installing cheapo speaker units....

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

JB in Cork

Advertisement