Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pass Irish

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

anyone else start their aural at 5:00? or is my examiner a ****in eejit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

haha, i think yours was wrong. Yeah those jimi john frankie joe names were mad.
    nearly pissed myself.

but i noticed some of the numbers in different accents sounded like they were hacking up something!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

"foirm iarratas", Ai, that it was, and a damn fine foirm iarratas it was too. Only i couldn't spell iarratas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

If I only heard that! :( My tape was fuzzy enough, so I blame that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    "foirm iarratas", Ai, that it was, and a damn fine foirm iarratas it was too. Only i couldn't spell iarratas :(

Bah. I couldn't spell "foirm". How feckin hard can it be to stick in an "i"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

I thought that exam was a piece of cake. I had a few fits of laughter in the tape test over how your manos sister or something couldn't go cause she had a broken leg becuase she was in a road accident. And as for joe mhici jimi give me a break. Speaking of breaks did anybody else notice the painfully long pause at the start of the tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Yeah Aural was grand, I can't have gotten more than 3 or 4 wrong on the whole thing. At least this year the Ulster dialect was understandable probably because they spoke so slowly it was painfull. And that question where they asked you about the "special" person, I thought they meant Special needs, it gave me a good laugh when the answer was Mary Kingston or Kennedy or whatever, she's that one who does the Disney club isn't she.... I can't stand that woman.... or her stupid talking dog (Oisín, I think). Paper 1 was easy aswell especially those comprehensions, Hector came up too, he's a top man.

Originally posted by daveyjoe
    she's that one who does the Disney club isn't she.... I can't stand that woman.... or her stupid talking dog (Oisín, I think). Paper 1 was easy aswell especially those comprehensions, Hector came up too, he's a top man.

They only spent about 2 minutes explaining how she was the one from Open House... replayed it twice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeay back from paper II!! Got the bus home and everythin so that shows how much I wrote!

But it went well, at least for me , so I may have scraped a pass :D but prolly not

Hope all you guys are enjoying your test :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

out also,
    left after an hour....

ah bollox....

mad a major mistake...
    i thought clann ment King,
    so i say your one mioda's father was a clann according to mioda...

which infact means,

"mioda's father was a family"

ah bollox...
    am scraping the d3.... d2 if the gods are on my side....

anyone here who smokes, notice there smoking a hell of a lot more?

Joe

• Advertisement

Originally posted by agent smith
    mad a major mistake...
    i thought clann ment King,
    so i say your one mioda's father was a clann according to mioda...

That's not really a "major" mistake - happens to most people, only difference is that you actually spotted it. I did the same thing with "crann" and "troscán". Still kinda made sense though ("we burned the trees" instead of "we burned the furniture"). Mixing up a word here and there on a pass paper isn't a huge problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by subway_ie
    They only spent about 2 minutes explaining how she was the one from Open House... replayed it twice as well.

Yeah, I heard that, but I've never watched open house, so I presumed it was the same person. Anyway I still can't stand the one who does the Disney club.

I thought todays paper 2 was fairly nice, I did my learning for paper 2 and I think it paid off, I'm hoping for a good B1 or B2 overall in Irish. First week of exams are over Wayhey!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

wasnt that jimmi guy supposed to be mickey harte in irish? or am i just gone crazy. pissed myself laughin at the name neway

Originally posted by country_gurl
    wasnt that jimmi guy supposed to be mickey harte in irish? or am i just gone crazy. pissed myself laughin at the name neway

I don't think so...
    Did anybody else notice how everybody on the tape was talking alot slower this year? I wonder if they'll do the same for French. That's where I always lose my marks.

Advertisement