Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valencia get Ranieri

• 08-06-2004 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3786219.stm
    Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri is expected to be unveiled as Valencia coach on Tuesday.
    It will mark a return to Valencia for Ranieri who was coach of the Spanish champions between 1997-1999.

Ranieri arrived in Valencia on Monday after settling with Chelsea, and will now replace Rafael Benitez, who is expected to join Liverpool.

He said: "At last I've come home, I'm very happy and looking forward to coaching Valencia once more."

During his previous spell at Valencia, Ranieri guided them to victory in the King's Cup and a first qualification for the Champions League in his final season in charge.

He joined Atletico Madrid immediately after the Cup victory, but his tenure at the club was cut short when they went into administration during his first season in charge.

Ranieri then moved to take over at Chelsea in September 2000 after the departure of Gianluca Vialli.

He will have a hard act to follow in Benitez, who led Valencia to the Spanish Championship and Uefa Cup triumph.

Benitez is expected to take over the manager's vacancy at Liverpool following the departure of Gerard Houllier.
    I have a feeling he'll be sacked come the end of the year as Barca and Real are spending big, the fans won't be happy with 3rd.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Tough job to take on alright!

I wonder will he tinker as much there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Shouldnt have taken the job! this is the worst one possible....club is nearly in Administration and they will have to sell half there players(prob to Liverpool) and there is no chance Ranieri will do much with a weakened squad.....will be sacked within 2 years I wud say

Not happy to see him go.....who will cheer every1 up now with his mad interviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Ranieri has been told by the club president that none of the big name players will be sold this summer. He has been asked if he wants to sign any players, his response was "Provided nobody leaves only Chevaton from Lecce".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm suprised there isn't more interest/speculation on Chevanton. Juve look like they might get him though for €10m.

Advertisement