Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BSOP Heats] - Attendance

Options
  • 08-06-2004 10:21am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Due to the poor attendance at this months Heat 1 I have added a further control. This has no reflection on the absentees but we do need to ensure that we always try and have the heats as full as possible and there seems to be a trend developing that some people cannot really commit to the whole 8 months.

With this in mind - anyone who misses a heat without firstly giving adequate notification must pay that months entry fee before being considered for subsequent months entry. That means that although heats may get reduced numbers attending the overall prize fund will not be effected if people want to join back in. For those who dont then we can get replacements that will - this will ensure that we have a group who are likely to see the competition to the end.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Whilst I have no problem with this you will need to define what is adequate.

MrP

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

48hrs - I have specified it in the rules thread

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm up for that. I think if you book a place and dont show... ok, thats bad. But for us to trust someone enough to keep a seat for them the NEXT time, they should show some sponds as a kinda "compensation"...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

And people should make sure that they have *someone's* mobile number just in case that something sudden comes up that means they can't make the heat. At heat 1, we got no contact from anyone at all as to who could or could not make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Fair play

• Advertisement
Advertisement