Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mites

• 08-06-2004 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

My dog had itchy ears, he was itching so much that he ended up scratching his eyes. Made them all irritated and a bit gungey. Was told was prob ear mites as he has long ears and very little air gets to circulate round inside them.
    Got ear drops which seem to have done the trick. Right eye still bothering him. Looks kinda puffy and still gungey. Could there be mites irritating his eyes too?
    Otherwise he's grand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Have you taken the dog to the vet? Without vetenary care you should not home diagnose - if the eyes have been irretated the dog will also need eye drops - ear mites need drops interted then you need to clean out the ear with ear buds then add more drops - but a good vet will show you how to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Battlesnake

Have got ear drops and a balm for his eyes - working really well.
    He's got a check up with the vet in about a week, if I need to bring the appointment forward I will. :cool:

Advertisement