Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Exchanges 07/06

• 08-06-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭

Ballaghdereen, Birr, Fermoy, Tipperary Town.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Hi Gombin,

do you have access to anything other than the 3 month rolling project schedule for exchange upgrades which is circulated internally within Eircom. My exchange is due to be updated but it is not listed in the current schedule which runs until the end of June. If you have any insight into when Newtownmountkennedy might be done I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

mr_man best thing to do is ring up braodband sales untill you get someone sound (prefrably not an woman either) and ask, the kilcoole exchange is active as the insdustrial estate is connected but eircom wont connect any residential customers yet for some reason...

Blitz,

thanks for the suggestion. I have talked to the people at BB sales and they tell me that they only have the details for 3 months at a time (currently April, May and June).

I was hoping Gombin might have access to something which gives the sequence of all upgrades between now and then, if such a document exists.

Cheers,

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Blitz
    mr_man best thing to do is ring up braodband sales untill you get someone sound (prefrably not an woman either)

!!!??!!
    be jaysus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by jd
    !!!??!!
    be jaysus..

indeed :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    Hi Gombin,
    If you have any insight into when Newtownmountkennedy might be done I'd appreciate it.

M.

Turn of the year is the best I have at the moment. Any other news, and I'll let you know.

Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

The eircom DSL project manager is a woman. I have dealt with her and she is very capable and professional. She did mention a 6-month schedule though.

Gombin,

thanks for the info, any updates would be much appreciated.

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

sorry to the offended persons but ive talked with probably nearly every tech support and sales person in eircom by this stage and the women are no use at all in my expirence, i havnt talked to any supervisors or managers yet so ill leave it to more capable people to comment

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ken McCarthy

Just to add to Gombin's original post, I think Mitchelstown was enabled at the same time as Fermoy as many Mitchelstown 025 numbers are passing the online test.

Cheers

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Gombin,

any news of Collon (Louth!) Friends of mine waiting anxiously there and Eircom keep saying ring in a month. If they knew for definite it would not be enabled in the immediate future they would go for the wireless option. thanks in advance for any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Any news on robertstown, co.kildare gombin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by dub45
    Friends of mine waiting anxiously there and Eircom keep saying ring in a month. If they knew for definite it would not be enabled in the immediate future they would go for the wireless option.
    Which is exactly why eircom won't give them a definitive "No"!

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Which is exactly why eircom won't give them a definitive "No"!

Of course they know that - thats why I am asking on their behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by dub45
    Of course they know that - thats why I am asking on their behalf.
    If there was a "yes" in the offing, eircom would be a bit more forthcoming that "ring back next month".

"Ring back next month" means "we're just stringing you out, sucker!"

Originally posted by Ripwave
    If there was a "yes" in the offing, eircom would be a bit more forthcoming that "ring back next month".

"Ring back next month" means "we're just stringing you out, sucker!"

Yeah they managed to guess that too believe it or not!

Advertisement