Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 2004 - rant

Options
  • 08-06-2004 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Well it would have been legendary had the organisers not screwed with the schedule. It was supposed to run like this on sunday, excepting a few bands on earlier, Soulfly-Machine Head-Slayer-SlipKnot-korn-metallica.
    But the organisers then switched Slayer to the 'other' stage and had them scheduled to clash with SlipKnot (not a big problem). So we watched a few Knot songs, then ran down to catch the mighty Slayer, only to be told they were pushed back a further hour and a half, so by the time we got back to the main stage, SlipKnot were over. That bugged me, cos we missed them for nothing. But now Slayer clashed with Korn, so even though I had seen Korn 7/8 times before, and was seeing them in 2 weeks, I went to see Slayer.
    It just p**sed me off cos when I got the ticket it all looked so promising. Then they made me pick and choose and run all over the place....huff sulk...huff...huff.
    Then Metallica cut their set by an hour cos Lars was 'sick', so they had to borrow drummers off Slayer and Slipknot.
    Rant finished.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Anyone else find it ironic that metallica are playing a festival called download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

from what I heard Joey from Slipknot was the drummer of the night - shocking even himself that he got to play Metallica tunes. Metallica used a total of 3 different drummers for their set - Lars' drum tech guy, Dave Lombardo, and then Joey for the majoirity of the gig.

Always knew Joey was a better drummer then he ever got credit for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Joey was great alright. I didnt mind Lars not being there, I did mind the hour and a half wait between Korn and Metallica, and the half lenght Metallica set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hopefully Lars is better for the concert in Dublin...

Lets face it, if he isn't they'll still just get metallica to play 3 tunes with a drum machine and take our money anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

To be fair Joey is an excellent drummer I always thought, he deserve's far more credit than he is getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

tama.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    tama.jpeg

ROFL!!!
    Oh its funny because its true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    Always knew Joey was a better drummer then he ever got credit for :)

your damn right there :):) he is fckin deadly!!
    he also played guitar for Murderdolls - not to bad at that either

cant wait for rds gig :):)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Anyone else find it ironic that metallica are playing a festival called download?

Even more ironic you can actually download their set from http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/

Fair enough, at a price :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Damn my cheapness!!!
    Saving my yoyos for Motorhead and the Behemoth gig, it's going to be deadly becuase my birthday money is gonna pay for that.It all falls perfectly into place...well except for overseas gigs their just ball breakers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement