Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blue GATSO Van?

Options
  • 08-06-2004 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a blue gatso van now operating? Can they get you if you are travelling away from it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Where abouts?
    They are ususall a dead giveaway cos they have the high roof with vents, high visability strip along rear and blacked out windows with a square cut out for the camera lens.
    Trouble is, by the time you see them its too late.

Don't think they can get you driving away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Kilkenny City. It was a 99 D high roof transit. It had a power socket where it could plug in to the mains on its side.

It was parked on the opposite side of road so I would have been heading away from it when I passed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

ICECream Van? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bond, was this van parked on the castlecomer road (i.e. leaving kilkenny going towards castlecomer/athy/portlaoise)? I've seen many speeders get busted there, but mostly by regular squad cars, not gatsos.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Bond-007
    Can they get you if you are travelling away from it?

You have to be travelling towards it to be caught afaik.. so I wouldnt worry about it.

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I seen a blue Gatso van on the Waterford to Newross road a couple of weeks back, this would be in Co. Kilkenny. Can't remember the reg, it looked a couple of years old anyway. There were no markings on it though, no hi-vis stripe on the back, just the tell-tale square cut-out in the back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

just showing you's this pic of a white gatso, in the distance to the left:

gatso.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Stephen
    Bond, was this van parked on the castlecomer road (i.e. leaving kilkenny going towards castlecomer/athy/portlaoise)? I've seen many speeders get busted there, but mostly by regular squad cars, not gatsos.

Yes Stephen, it was parked on the castlecomer road excatly where you said. It was there at 6.40 am this morning. I was heading into Kilkenny at the time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

seen it two weeks ago on the Nenagh bypass, on that really long stretch that you'd love to being doin the tonne on.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by ando
    just showing you's this pic of a white gatso, in the distance to the left:

ando, is that on the North Road in Finglas, southbound coming from the M50 roundabout? Got caught by that bastard van a few years ago, before the penalty points. Only time I've been caught by a gatso

Was driving to a customer at that time. The company director had failed to notice the van as well, but he got caught 6 times in that same week. Would have been the end of his license nowadays...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by unkel
    is that on the North Road in Finglas, southbound coming from the M50 roundabout?

I don't think Club Zhivago is anywhere near Finglas, might be the Malahide road?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by unkel
    ando, is that on the North Road in Finglas, southbound coming from the M50 roundabout?

yes its just as you come off the m50 from the N2 exit, inbound to the city. The pic was taken outside the new multistory BMW offices.

Its very rare to see that gatso, I've been up and down that road for 3 yrs on a daily basis and that was the only time I seen it. Usually the garda are further up the road with their hairdryer's, under the bridge where its hard to see them

Advertisement