Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shattered Galaxy - Massive multiplayer online real-time strategy game

Options
  • 08-06-2004 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm looking for more players here in Ireland.
    Is there some one out there that plays, this game from nexon?

By the way it is free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Got any screenshots or info on the game cause if it's free i might give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Asgar

go to www.sgalaxy.com and take a look.
    It is a free download and free to use. If you want to pay $9 a month you'll get a few extra perks.

It looks quite nice alright, i'll download it tonight and give it a go tomorrow.

If you need any hints when playing. Use the ingame chat and ask your questions. There are allways people online that are willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Asgar i got on it tonight cheers for the heads up its a lot of fun...

but few things p*ss me off...

The air units are stupidly more powerfull then all the other units and despite not being able to capture points it makes it impossible to use any unit without AA capabilities in most games...

Training AA units takes too long compared to others because in alien caves they are useless...

The PvP battles are amazingly good fun despite this and i have enjoyed the battles i have had so far...

I'm BaurKrieg on Relic fighting for Uprising...a pain seeing we seem to loose the most territories...maybe tomarrow will be different.

• Advertisement

This is something of the beauty of the game. All units have their disadvantages and their strength.
    You must talk with your battle friends and make sure that you'll get support. It is not a good option just to run off on your own.

An other good thing is to join a regiment. They usually have someone more experienced as the battle leader and he tells the others what area to attack and what units to start with.

One other thing to think about is to have at least one group of each type.
    Example:
    If your hero is a level 1 hero his stats can look like this:
    Tac: 20 (You can field 1 more unit every 20 points and don’t waste the 5 you start with)
    Clout:8 (Controls your influence, you go up 1 every 2 levels and your unit upgradeability is your unit level + clout/2. Your units gets tougher by upgrading)
    Edu:6 (This controls what weapons and equipment levels you can buy. 1 point every 2 levels, so basically the same formula as clout)
    MA:6 (This controls how much weight your units can take. Here every point has some level of inflence.120 points in MA is twice what the unit starts with)

So for every level in each type (Inf/Mech/Air/Org) you get you will receive 1 point to ad to your stats. So try to level up evenly. This way you will not loose any points.

And don’t mix too much when you field a group. If you start with AA (Air to Air) in a battle, then all units should be AA. You can always change groups in mid battle when going to a friendly gate.

Visit www.relicwatchers.com they have good hints for heroes on Relic.

When you reach an average of level minimum 15 then it would be a good idea to go on to Morgana. Here the fighting will be a lot tougher compared with relic. Since your enemies here usually has a lot more xp and are better organized

You'll meet me on Morgana in the Renaissance fraction. Here I'm Wulgar.

Have Fun
    Asgar the Viking

PS! The territory changes can go fast here. Depends on when you go online and what timezone has most players. But dont be supprised when the map is almost red at one minute and then almost yellow or blue.

A small note to those who do not have broadband. This game does not take that much bandwith. You can play it without any problems with a 56k modem.

well i'm still trying to get the hango of it...

I dont have much in air weapons...(i think i have one squad level 4) instead i have focused in improving and specializing my infantry and tanks and i tend to work support role...

I'm level 9 tank and level 8 infantry at the mo I have 20 tactics 15 mech wieght thingy. 10 clout 12 education.

My most common standing force is a 4 behometh level 13/14 mark 2 tanks armed with the longest range and most powerfull gun i have...Support by 3 anti air tanks/Infantry units designed in killing any air units who try to knock my tanks off...And i move to a POC and dig in. This works to a point. After which my list of units diverge between my small weak air force a large anti air tank movement or a squadie charge...

I recently invested in arbalest in the hope of developing my artillary abilities but MAN those things are hard to get upgraded and harder to aim...

I hope to leave relic when i get at least 15 but right now i'm focusing on giving the reds HELL ON EARTH!!! DIE MUTHER F*CKERS!!!!

I've started it, but i haven't a clue what to do so i gave up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Used to play it. Was the..president, of that newbie planet. Also had nukes, which were very handy.
    Fun for a while. Tedious therafter.

and pay for a few extra perks? this might've changed since I played, but without paying, you were hugely restricted. Cant join the council/run for..president?, cant leave the newbie planet, cant go above level16..and only get 40hrs playing time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

a half hour download to see a nice little nexon logo and then a server connection error message :dunno: i mean, for a 167mb download, they could have made the error message a bit more fancy, maybe a bit of animation or a few lighting effects

i got ripped :dunno: at least i didnt sign up for the 9 euro a month deal, that error message just isnt worth it for that kind of money

Originally posted by Tellox
    Used to play it. Was the..president, of that newbie planet. Also had nukes, which were very handy.
    Fun for a while. Tedious therafter.

and pay for a few extra perks? this might've changed since I played, but without paying, you were hugely restricted. Cant join the council/run for..president?, cant leave the newbie planet, cant go above level16..and only get 40hrs playing time.

yeah its changed You still cant vote etc (they should do Starship trooper style Adverts...) But your no longer have time restrictions unit restrictions etc. Instead paying members get extras like more stats and rare weapon items and they can use the gold guns...which might might not be better depends how they use them...

all in all i'm enjoying it quite abit...my tanks are becoming a force to fear and 2 of my m8s have joined to become part of our infantry/Air/tank movement which is working nicely...

I've been playing since October last year. During that time the restrictions on non paying players has diminished quite a lot. It takes a little time to learn what is best but once you find a good crew to fight with. Then it realy starts to be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Played for about 30 minutes , got confused , gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Started playing lastnight. Good fun alright

Looks like Relic Watchers just got hacked

Advertisement