Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Been caught speeding!

• 08-06-2004 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Well I'm not sure to be honest but I could have been! So how do you know if you have been caught...perhaps some body can enlighten me.

GATSO & Fixed Camera
    Assuming the fixed camera has a camera the fine should arrive in the post.

Garda Speedchecks
    With the tripod or speed gun pointing out the window. I understand that these devices give a 'live' indication of speed but do not record the speed. Is it feasible for a Garda to record the speed note the reg of a vehicle moving at speed. Does a Garda not have to manually issue a ticket if you are caught in this way.

On sunday as I approached Blessington from Naas, I spotted Garda #1 on RH hard shoulder with tripod mounted device. On my side of the road, Garda #2 has stopped vehicle and is writing a ticket. The area is definitely a 40 zone and probably a 30 zone but like most roads is poorly marked. I reckon I was up about 40. Bad news if its a 30 zone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

BrianD

I live in Blessington and it is a common spot for the boys in blue although unusual to have them on both sides of the road!! Just to confirm, unfortunately it is definitely a 30mph zone (the sign is about two turns before the road widens and straightens). The natural inclination is to speed up after the twisty Naas-Blessington road. I now rigidly keep to 30 along there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Crossley

BrianD,

Good news is that as Mr. Plod was already busy with another customer you're safe. He would need to pull you in and serve you with the ticket on the spot.

Advertisement