Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JBL - all new time low to get heat

• 08-06-2004 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

In their recent tour of Germany, JBL gave the infamous "Heil Hitler" salute - a salute that is banned in Germany, apparantly, and also lets the German governement punish foriegn nationals who do this.

If this is true a) a new low for WWE in getting heat, b) apparantly it wasnt scripted so well done JBL, you prove you are a retard yet again and c) whilst any good idea to generate heat is normally done tastefully or within the modicum of respect - this is definitely something that JBL will probably "brag" or claim was " blown out of all proportion"

JBL - another idiot for 2004?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a complete fool as always is Mr.JBL

John Bradshaw Layfield reportedly caused a stir at this weekend's "Passport to Pain" show in Munich, Germany. JBL did a Nazi salute in the ring and goose stepped to get heat from the crowd, and a fan who took it to heart ended up ejected from the arena for trying to attack the wrestler. This is illegal in Germany, but no word as of yet on any legal repurcussions towards JBL or WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

In the intrest of fairness. I hope he gets fired for this. What a dik!

They have fired far better talent for less. Get rid of him, at least fine him to hell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Christ,what a ferocious langer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's just stupid. I heard a few weeks ago of someone being fired from their job in Germany for making a Nazi salute. I sent him an e-mail saying that I disagree with what he did (well, I was a bit more vocal than that!). I've just got a disliking of him that is growing to Triple H proportions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

While I don't agree with what he did (f-ing stupid if you ask me), what a better way to get heat, especially in Germany! Originally, Fritz Von Erich and Baron Von Rashke among others were billed as nazis, and this was in the 1950's! Eventually, they stopped that billing, but there have been plenty of openly racist characters who probably only did it to catch heat. And besides, it worked didn't it? Even you guys are p*ssed off at him, and you know he did it for heat. This almost definitely isn't a popular point of view, but it's just another way to get people to hate him. Just remember, I said that I don't agree with him so don't blame me, I'm just posting an obvious rebuttal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

CNBC officially released John Bradshaw Layfield due to fan complaints over his "heil Hitler" actions at the Munich, Germany show. They called his behavior offensive.

In response to the controversy, Bradshaw told some friends backstage today that he's a heel and that's what heels are supposed to do.

Other wrestlers were extremely horrified and appalled by his actions. Most generally considered what he did to be very offensive and embarrassing for WWE.

Source: PWInsider & 1Wrestling

This does not mean he is gone from wwe.com

Full story here

http://www.nynewsday.com/business/sfl-0608nazigestures,0,4527867.story?coll=nyc-business-headlines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Ive never like Bradshaw. I think WWE on and off the camera would be better without him. I really hope that this is the last we see of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Another thing that people are forgetting is that last weekend was the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings. As bad as what he did was, the timing could not have been any worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I understand the point made about him just being racist as a heel, but I can't think of anyone who was actually "illegally" racist. What I mean is that no wrestler has ever come out and said "I hate that guy cos he's black and I hate all blacks", they just kind of imply it. The thing with Bradshaw is that the Nazi salute is actually illegal in Germany, and it's so close to the feelings of so many people. It's like if a wrestler started slagging your dead mother, you wouldn't be too happy about it. It's the same sort of feeling some of these German's would have felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

Hey Fozzy,
    Col. DeBeers in the AWA used to say that he wouldn't wrestle certain people because they were black. He was South African, so he did the apartheid heel character. But I can't think of anybody recently doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Originally posted by yami308
    While I don't agree with what he did (f-ing stupid if you ask me), what a better way to get heat, especially in Germany! Originally, Fritz Von Erich and Baron Von Rashke among others were billed as nazis, and this was in the 1950's! Eventually, they stopped that billing, but there have been plenty of openly racist characters who probably only did it to catch heat. And besides, it worked didn't it? Even you guys are p*ssed off at him, and you know he did it for heat. This almost definitely isn't a popular point of view, but it's just another way to get people to hate him. Just remember, I said that I don't agree with him so don't blame me, I'm just posting an obvious rebuttal.
    Ironically enough the nazi party had huge following in the US before world war two. 35,000 people attened a nazi rally in MSG before the war brock out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by Fozzy
    That's just stupid. I heard a few weeks ago of someone being fired from their job in Germany for making a Nazi salute. I sent him an e-mail saying that I disagree with what he did (well, I was a bit more vocal than that!). I've just got a disliking of him that is growing to Triple H proportions.

I dont recall HHH doing anything as stupid as this.
    Although someone will probably point something out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Whats the big deal!!??.... how could they outlaw a gesture??, Hitler existed, like it or not..and its not JBL's fault he was such a pr!ck, I personally couldn't do the job JBL does plus his style is of a power house, power houses are slow .JBL is a bad actor as are the majority of WWE stars..why pick on him? And as far as firing him goes, thats stupid he works hard plus Aston Villa didn't release Mark Bosnich when he did it. That came later when they realised he was a sh!t keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

well, JBL is a sh!t wrestler and we realise it now .

Fire the redneck dick.

Advertisement