Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep getting kicked!

Options
  • 08-06-2004 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Help!!!!

Everytime I go online to play, the game starts and after a couple of mins, or so it seems, I get booted with the following message:

"You have been kicked via Punkbuster (for 2 minutes)....Prior kick/ban"

Gotta say I'm at a loss to understand this. I don't remember being kicked at any stage. I updated Punkbuster recently - could that be it?

Is there any way around it? - delete and re-install Punkbuster?

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

fekkin annoying, update PB manually there is a new update out.

www.evenbalance.com dont mind the "it will update itself" crap it didnt for me had to do it manually.
    Was repeatedly getting kicked.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Tried it, many times, but no good....:mad:

I'm getting majorly p****d off now......I'm gonna try to delete PB and re-install....

Mike

Did you download the pdweb.exe and place it into the PB folder and then run it ?

that worked for me over the weekend.

kdjac

Yep, did that.......Even downloaded the files manually and inserted them into the right places....

I'm gonna delete the files in that directory and run pdweb again to see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

I think that it has something to do with the last two PB files

wa001334.htm
    wc001085.htm

as everything was working kind of half OK until I updated PB manually since then crap (see thread on not spawning). I believe now the two things are the same. Will keep trawling the net for a fix but all i see is leave PB off and join a non PB server. YIKES!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by C Fodder
    I think that it has something to do with the last two PB files

wa001334.htm
    wc001085.htm

as everything was working kind of half OK until I updated PB manually since then crap (see thread on not spawning). I believe now the two things are the same. Will keep trawling the net for a fix but all i see is leave PB off and join a non PB server. YIKES!!

I began to notice a spawning problem also -I'd get killed, pick a spawn point, counter would reach zero and I'd get a message to pick a spawn point. It never let me back in and then I'd get kicked...:(

Mike

Well after 5 hours of trying to fix my BF:V with 1.01, I got an idea regarding punkbuster.
    As mentioned earlier, I am able to connect to non-punkbuster 1.01 servers with no problem.
    Anything else is CTD or "Disconnected"

- Well this procedure worked great for me and I have been online playing for 3 hours with no problems on different servers now.

- As we know the Punkbuster folder is located "\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\pb"
    - I installed the 1.01 server patch as well as the windows 1.01 patch.
    - Make a backup copy of your battlefield vietnam "pb" folder elsewhere keeping the files & folders the way they are.
    - Copy the "\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam Server\pb" files into this "\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\pb" overwriting the files & folders there.
    - Now we got the windows & server punkbuster files together.
    - It should work just fine for you now.

FYI: I did try pbweb.exe and it made my BF:V worse, I could not even see the map loading screen and send me back to the bF: menu.

IF it does not work for you, just erase the files in "\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\pb" and copy the files and folders you have backup back into "\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\pb"

- It does not make sense to me why it would work but it does.

Good luck and let me know if it worked for you.

//Found this may work for Vietnam ,you never said which version you had it on ,mine was BF1942 related.

kdjac

From what i found its all PB related try the above. Or i got it working by running pdweb.exe if enither works thats all that seems to have been found to work.

kdjac

I'm talking about punkbuster in relation to BF1942 (not Nam).

Do I need the server and the client files or just the client files?

Mike

Just the client files ,updating manually worked for me ,this problem is connected to the spawn thing.

There are tonnes of posts about this on various websites so you not alone, i happy i got it fixed by running Pbweb.exe.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

What is pbweb.exe???

How do i run it?

http://www.evenbalance.com/

Go to BF and follow instructions.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Ok you sent me to a site that doesn't load up!! what am i ment to do now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

i had 2 strange kicks last night - PB authentication error - reinstall pb if problem persists.

i got logged back in but in both cases i had alt tabbed out of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

i ahd that problem too with punkbuster(among others) the evenbalance site didn't help so i got help from the internet using Google

Advertisement