Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c++

Options
  • 08-06-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hey ppl,

I working on a project at the moment. The project involves interfacing with a data aquisition card.

I have to develop an application in C++ using MFC's.

I have some sample code, written in C to interface with the card. I've been working with this C code and have got it working (acquiring the data).

The problem is I want to incorporate this code into my MFC C++ application, and amn't sure how to do this.

will i have to rewrite the entire code to incorporate it??

if anyone has any experience of this kinda thing, id appreciate some advice..

Thanks,

king

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

No .. all will be well. There's nothing stopping you from either

a) compiling the C code with a C++ compiler (for the most part it will be perfectly valid)

b) compiling the C code with a library, and then calling the routines from your C++/MFC app

A ton of open-source libraries already work like this - take a look at libPNG or libTIFF or expat or .... (the list is endless)

Advertisement