Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn SPAM!

Options
  • 08-06-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Ok guys, i'm looking for your input on one of two things please...

Either 1. software that will integrate with exchange 2003 and stop spam

or 2, sofware that integrates with Outlook 2k/XP that will do the same.

Where I work, spam email is becoming a huge problem and since i haven't really looked into the area of spam-filtering before i don't really know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

As far as I know, Exchange has a spam filter built into it.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/imf/default.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Cool, i'll check it out now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

if you find a more reliable spam filter for exchange 2000/2003 plz do tell. I'm in the same predicament, not many good spam filters apps available for Exchange/Outlook setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I've just installed Spambayes for Outlook 2002/XP and it seems to be working really well so far. It's caught all the spam so far with hardly any training given to it, since I only installed it yesterday. It also places a small and neat toolbar into Outlook so you can control it and manually indentify any spam it misses, which it will then learn from. It doesn't take over Outlook much at all, and you hardly know it's there - which I like. You can get it from Here, if you want to give it a go.

are you using a pop email or are you on a network using exchange?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Exchange 2003.

The add-on that ColmOT suggested seems to be doing the job nicely. It took a while to sift through the MS documentation and set it up correctly, but feedback from the users has been very positive after only 2 days. In most cases 30-40 spam msgs a day has been reduced to 2-3 a day. Thanks ColmOT...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

No problem at all..... :) I used to work on the Exchange team, so I'm glad that I remember some stuff about it!

Glad to be of use!

is there a built-in spam filter for ex2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Originally posted by Polonious
    Ok guys, i'm looking for your input on one of two things please...

Either 1. software that will integrate with exchange 2003 and stop spam

or 2, sofware that integrates with Outlook 2k/XP that will do the same.

Where I work, spam email is becoming a huge problem and since i haven't really looked into the area of spam-filtering before i don't really know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

I use mailwasher works great for me and works with any mail client
    http://www.firetrust.com/

Advertisement