Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good luck to all

Options
  • 08-06-2004 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck all LC'ers, JC'ers etc.

wont be around all that much till aprés leaving - i'm sure one of the admins will check in on yez now and then for me. Keep in line. PLEASE keep in line :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

...so, right, i sez we egg the board. Roysh?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Yeah good luck to ye all...

Egg? Pah. Least you could to is write a program to spam the board, constantly. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by halenger
    Yeah good luck to ye all...

Egg? Pah. Least you could to is write a program to spam the board, constantly. ;p
    I'm working on it.. I'm thinking of calling it "End of Session"

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Good Luck to any JCers (Not that you'll need it being talented:rolleyes: ), and especially to you poor sods sitting the leaving, which is actually a real exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

I agree wid "Raphael"; just write on all ur exam papers "I'm talented; leave me alone". Jus messin. My sister stil tells me CTYI sent the letter to the wrong person in the first place or that the postman was drunk the day i got "the letter". Anyway besta luk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I would offer you all my luck, but I'm gonna need that. Instead you may have my ignorance, my lack of concentration, my migraine, my wasted pen and my complete lack of interest. Have fun!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'll take, and need, all of your luck from October onwards.

That's when the REAL exams/tests/project/culmination of education begins/ends - well unless I do well enough to get the masters I want.

*stops thinking about it and ranting*

For now my luck is with you all. But I'll come knocking soon enough and you better give it ALL back! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Luck be with you. All of you.

Now STUDY! LEST THE SKIES OPEN AND GOD HIMSELF DO COME DOWN AND HAND THEE A D2!

All you JCer's chill... it's not a biggy but you do have to do some work.

All you LCer's forget what the junior felt like, panic NOW, calm yourselves for the exams, and get every last minute of study you can in.

God speed. Or something. And one last time for good measure - GOOD LUCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

grrr....
    all you old ones telling us "you'll be grand, its only the JC..." etc,
    i bet you were all panicking too!!
    well thanks anyway. but i think the only way to not be nervous about exams, is to have them far FAR behind/ahead of you...
    but thanks for trying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Heh, JC's a joke.

LC, make sure you're calm. otherwise, just like in UT, you're dead before you know it.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by doonothing
    all you old ones telling us "you'll be grand, its only the JC..." etc,
    i bet you were all panicking too!!
    No, I was just in complete denial that it was happening. Worked out quite well, actually

Originally posted by Dalamar
    Heh, JC's a joke.

LC, make sure you're calm. otherwise, just like in UT, you're dead before you know it.

Good luck.

Hmmm, comparing the JC to UT...ingenious

Now where did i leave my flak cannon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

hmm....i cant be that bothered bout it if im here when i should be frantically studying.
    meh.
    well, i got a summer, a 4th year, and a summer till ive gotta do work again...
    mwahahaha....

Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

mwahahaha....

eh actually you got another week or so of sheer misery

:rolleyes:

So the plan is to shoot her in the back of the head, rite?
    All in favour?
    Come this way, Ana.....

Me no like thinkin bout tomorrows that aren't fun.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

So... Anyone else feel the need to KILL the guy who invented Maths exams? Ugh...

Did anyone else screw up what the 1st comhra meant like half the people in my year? Not me though... *smiles smugly*
    Wait, its was something about kangaroos, right?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

mwahahaha....
    If you think now is bad, wait until the first 2 weeks of 5th year, when your brain can't remember how to work.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Good luck to all doing JC or LC exams. Especially the talented, young, Irish ones. (And especially Leaving Cert students, given that the JC is, in the long term, a bit of a laugh.)

Originally posted by Peterfing
    Did anyone else screw up what the 1st comhra meant like half the people in my year? Not me though... *smiles smugly*
    Wait, its was something about kangaroos, right?:confused:

crap
    wasn't it like, music your mother doesn't like or something? did anyone else find the comprehension about the matrix RIDICULOUSLY easy?

• Advertisement

I dunno if I screwed it up, but probably. Matrix wasn't ridiculasly easy (I cannot spell) but twas Ok. Paper two! WOW! Im so happy i could cry.

Maths I found good. Was 143/12 the answer to q1 part (C) last bit?

Why did they let a two year old cut out the pictures used in the Matrix comprehension?

And it was easy. But now Irish is over... my god I'm so happy. Only 4 days of exams left! Woo! And all the theme choices for the novel and poetry were really good ones, or at least, easy to write about. Woohoo.

Now onto Maths paper II. . .

Yay.

Yeah, they were great! I *accidentally* made myself out to be a gay guy in the letter though. Ah well.

Yeah, better go learn them damn theroems once and for all.

Sigh.

And those pictures we CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!

I am merely posting here to prevent Aoife from having her name as the last poster on EVERY thread.

Aoife, I think somebody's got too much time on their hands. You should use it to learn those theorems.

i agree with the whole two-year-old-cutting-out-the-pictures things. and they all looked so angry.
    i seriously think i am the only person in the country who found the short comprehensions on irish paper two a little hard.

oh crap. maths two. maybe later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I found the standard of Irish in the Matrix comprehension ridiculous. There was far too much Bearlachas/Pidgeon Irish in it for my liking. No, I'm not some head-rectally-inserted elitist, my Irish grammar is rubbish for someone who's been speaking it nine months a year for three years, but nonetheless, one expects the department to know better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mr. scanger

The Matrix comprehension was quite hard - who said it was easy?Paper 2 was grand though only now I wish I didn't do the Modh Cioniollach (sp?) essay.

Maths Paper 1 was hard too - somehow I got an answer of 3 and a half people in that club that pays €42 admission to a park.CSPE was easy though - a complete joke I left after half an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Don't worry, the JC is just "a hill of beans", or so my Goegraphy teacher says. I think he's a corrector, so if u put that on ur Geography paper, u probably have a 1 in 30 chance of gettin a good mark. (He likes bein quoted). Then again, make that a 1 in 200 chance, seein as he's old, has a dodgy knee and bullies me. "Deploy the Red Team, and take him down!!!" Mwoh hah, mwoh hah mwoh hah hah haaaaaaahhh.

I am merely posting here to prevent Aoife from having her name as the last poster on EVERY thread.

Damn it, they're on to me.

I'm kinda worried bout science. I literally havn't opened the book, and it looks nearly as thick as me....
    I did ok in the mocks, but that was fluke/locked examiner.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by J Campion
    Don't worry, the JC is just "a hill of beans", or so my Goegraphy teacher says. I think he's a corrector, so if u put that on ur Geography paper, u probably have a 1 in 30 chance of gettin a good mark. (He likes bein quoted). Then again, make that a 1 in 200 chance, seein as he's old, has a dodgy knee and bullies me. "Deploy the Red Team, and take him down!!!" Mwoh hah, mwoh hah mwoh hah hah haaaaaaahhh.

J Campion, for the love of all that is good and holy:

http://www.spellcheck.net/

Please. I'm begging you

Advertisement