Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa Electrical Diagram/Fitting Phone Kit

Options
  • 08-06-2004 3:13pm
    Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone may be able to help here....

I'm look to fit a Bluetooth car kit to a '00 Opel Corsa Viva 1.2. It's all reasonably straightforward for the fitting but I don't have an electrical diagram of the car to find out where to get permanent power to the unit so it can be used when the car/ignition is off.

I don't have the specific tool for the job - it's some type of phase tester than can detect the current through the sheath when earthed to the car.

I'd appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction - specifically the correct colour cable in the loom that'll be behind the glove box. If anyone has the the diagrams available it's be even better. I managed to get a set for the Astra before but the local Opel dealer arn't too helpful here cause we didn't buy the car from them!

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Auslander

You will require three feeds to run the hands-free control unit.
    Generally power is taken from the stereo since it has all three
    and is the easiest location to route wires to and from.
    Using a 12Volt DCmeter(@15€;)
    Take the radio out and locate the wiring connector to the rear and
    disconnect the plug. Next bit is the fun part.

you are going to require:
    constant live 12volts(+) (always live, even when ignition is off)

switched live 12v(+) (live only the ignition is switched on)

ground 0volt(-) (this is to battery negative terminal)

Mail me any Q's you have, and I'll type you through it.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

If you are connecting through the ISO radio connectors on an opel, the power is not quite "ISO" the permanent feed is switched with the ignition feed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Auslander

Then how is the radio maintaining the presets?
    If thats the case and there is no permenant feed
    perhaps the fuse box is the place to go,
    its a bit tricky and you'll have find a constant live,
    but there must be one or two, from which you can get a supply
    but you'll have to fit a 5amp inline fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

If it's the factory fit radio they are modified the same way. What bluetooth kit is it, ive fitted a few, they are all easy, either they go between the ISO fitting, or you just needa few scotch clips to hook onto the power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

generally there are two powre cables going to a steroe in the car. power and memory. tap into the memory cable (often orange in colour) and there ya go. make sure ya get a good earth and there'll be no probs. you can get a circuit tester that indicates power for 8 euro.. no need for a voltmeter. k

• Advertisement
Advertisement