Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To cram...

Options
  • 08-06-2004 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

...all night, or go to sleep early and get up around 5am and cram then?

Yeah I know, technically everyone should be set by this point but I'm convinced I'm going to forget everything if I don't cram.
    So what's your opinon? Tonight or in the early hours of the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Hate to sound like one of those "experts" on the radio, but really, what difference can you make in an extra few hours after 2 years. Especially since whether you get up at 5 or stay up till 2 or 3, you'll be knackered and you won't retain anything. Just do what you can until 12 and then go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Actually A LOT can be learned even between the hour and a half before the 2nd paper you can easily get your grade up one step. Just a quick refresh before the tests can help an awful lot. I would however suggest a good nights rest and start working now till 10-12pm and look over everythin tomory before your tests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

2 hours in two years is nothing.... but two hours right before an exam is when most students perform best. Personally i learn better under stress, and i find that the ideal time to cram everything.

Admittedly you won't remmeber the stuff 2 hours later, but by then the exam is over and done with, so who cares!

Getting up at 6:30-7:00 is plenty of time, you get a mice rest, and still have time to cram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yep exactly mutant, I ment to include at the end of my post that the retention of information is practically 0 but thats not what matters. All my study for my mocks was night before and day of test and all my study for these are pretty much night beofore/weekend/ and day of test.

There is no doubt it works, just not in the long run, and as long as ya have some sense and crap the really important things as with cramming your prolly not looking for an A so ya need the stuff thats GONNA come up to get ya a good grade like a high C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Get a good night's sleep and then get up and cram for the few hours before the exam. If you're up late you'll just be wrecked and you won't remember half the stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement