Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Iraqis Pay $0.05 a Gallon Petrol

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's almost past being funny but €3.78 is at the very cheap end of the scale.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Petrol in the US is also crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

From the new story...
    While Americans are shelling out record prices for fuel, Iraqis pay only about 5 cents a gallon for gasoline — a benefit of hundreds of millions of dollars subsidies bankrolled by American taxpayers...

..."We thank the Americans," Baghdad taxi driver Osama Hashim said. "They risked their lives to liberate us and now they are improving our lives," said Hashim, 26, topping up the tank on his beat-up 1983 Volkswagen. "

What a load of pro-American propaganda this article is. They bomb the **** out of the country (are there even many roads left the Iraqis can drive on?!!) and now they want to take credit because Iraqis get THEIR OWN FUEL for cheaper than Americans do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Its because Saddam used to give em cheap fuel, they dont want people getting nostalgic for "the good old days"
    I can only see it blowing up in the yanks faces though, when all those big petrol guzzling cars the iraquis are buying end up as expensive yard decorations once the actual price of feul is imposed and it costs a months average iraqui wages to fill your tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Yeah, i'd love to fill my tank with my last few dollars, drive around a corner and get smoked by some trigger-happy yanks in a tank. Honestly, the americans would try to put a happy spin on anything, wouldn't they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement